Senior Software Engineer - Interface
- San Mateo, CA
Every day, tens of millions of people from around the world come to Roblox to play, learn, work, and socialize in immersive digital experiences created by the community.
Our vision is to build a platform that enables shared experiences among billions of users. This is what’s known as the metaverse: a persistent space where anyone can do just about anything they can imagine, from anywhere in the world and on any device. The breadth of opportunities, and the evolving demands of this first-of-its-kind platform, ensure that your avenues for growth are always expanding and flexible.
Join us and you’ll usher in a new category of human interaction while solving exceptional challenges that you won’t find anywhere else.
- Experienced: you have a BS degree (or equivalent professional experience) in Computer Science or related engineering field with at least 5 years of hands on experience.
- A coding champion: your prowess in a multitude of programming languages such as Go, Node.js, Python, Java, empower your understanding of the challenges of building large-scale systems.
- Passionate about microservices, API’s, and automation: you love building API’s that enable people and computers to do more with less effort.
- Adventurous: you boldly go where no human has gone before; GraphQL, Docker, Hashistack, Traefik, Hubot, InfluxDB etc. might not be technologies you’ve used, but you are keen to learn and grow.
- Adaptable: you are capable of adjusting to new challenges, and experimentation is in your blood.
- Develop and deliver groundbreaking tools and API solutions that enable our teams and systems to scale to meet the large scale and real-time requirements of our Imagination Platform™ and ultimately ensure our community has an awesome experience anywhere in the world.
- Identify and solve critical problems and prevent them from reoccurring via root cause analysis and automation.
- Create, influence, and improve the development platform, infrastructure, standards, and methods to ensure our goals of scalability and high availability.
- Develop and share best practices with development teams to improve the scalability and reliability of the Imagination Platform™
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage
- A rewarding 401k program
- Flexible vacation policy
- Free catered lunches five times a week and several fully stocked kitchens with unlimited snacks
- Onsite fitness center and fitness program credit
- Annual CalTrain Go Pass
- A Roblox Admin badge for your avatar
Back to top