Every day, tens of millions of people from around the world come to Roblox to play, learn, work, and socialize in immersive digital experiences created by the community.
Our vision is to build a platform that enables shared experiences among billions of users. This is what’s known as the metaverse: a persistent space where anyone can do just about anything they can imagine, from anywhere in the world and on any device. The breadth of opportunities, and the evolving demands of this first-of-its-kind platform, ensure that your avenues for growth are always expanding and flexible.
Join us and you’ll usher in a new category of human interaction while solving exceptional challenges that you won’t find anywhere else.
As a Senior Software Engineer on the Roblox game engine team, you will work with us on interpreters and runtimes for embedded scripting languages in the Roblox engine. To make tomorrow's top games, developers on the Roblox platform need more than just a scripting environment that works–they need advanced language features, comprehensive static analysis, and an ultra-fast, multithreaded runtime. Join our team and help drive the development of new languages and features that will be used by millions of developers. You will report to our Game Engine Languages Engineering Manager.
- Passionate about languages: You're excited about bringing the concepts from your favorite programming languages into a new system
- Experienced: You have at least 5 years of hands-on experience with in C++
- Knowledgeable: You've spent time diving into, implementing, and extending interpreters for scripting languages
- Self-motivated: You're experienced in working with complex codebases with minimal oversight
- Responsible: You build systems that work and keep on working reliably.
- Curious: You want to learn. You stay informed about the latest developments in languages and scripting runtimes
- Design and maintain the scripting runtimes, interpreters, and tools for the Roblox engine and development environment
- Extend the Roblox scripting language to add new features that help developers write bug-free code more quickly
- Work with engineers on our tools and IDE teams
- Find out how Roblox is special and how you can harness that to provide thoughtful environments using industry-leading techniques across all platforms
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage
- A rewarding 401k program
- Flexible vacation policy
- Free catered lunches five times a week and several fully stocked kitchens with unlimited snacks
- Onsite fitness center and fitness program credit
- Annual CalTrain Go Pass
- A Roblox Admin badge for your avatar