Every day, tens of millions of people from around the world come to Roblox to play, learn, work, and socialize in immersive digital experiences created by the community. Our vision is to build a platform that enables shared experiences among billions of users. This is what’s known as the metaverse: a persistent space where anyone can do just about anything they can imagine, from anywhere in the world and on any device. Join us and you’ll usher in a new category of human interaction while solving exceptional challenges that you won’t find anywhere else.
As a software engineer in the Infra Compute organization you will create, support, and evolve the compute infrastructure at Roblox as we build out Roblox's Private Cloud.
The Infra Compute organization oversees:
- Container orchestration and cluster management
- Service-to-service communication and networking (including Service Mesh and the API Gateway)
- Scheduling, provisioning, and management of the growing Roblox machine fleet
Come help us create, support and evolve the infra that manages the millions of containers that serve hundreds of millions of requests per second.
- Experienced: you have a BS degree (or equivalent professional experience) in Computer Science or related engineering field with at least 5 years of hands on experience.
- A coding champion: your experience in many programming languages such as Go, Node.js, Python, Java, empower your understanding of the challenges of building large-scale systems.
- Passionate about microservices, API's, and automation: you love building API's that enable people and computers to do more with less effort.
- Adventurous: you boldly go where no human has gone before; GraphQL, Docker, Hashistack, Traefik, Hubot, InfluxDB etc. might not be technologies you've used, but you are keen to learn.
- Adaptable: you are capable of adjusting to new challenges, and experimentation is in your blood.
- Develop groundbreaking tools and API solutions that allow our teams and systems to scale to meet the large-scale and real-time requirements of our Imagination Platform™ and ensure our community has a thoughtful experience anywhere in the world.
- Solve important problems and prevent them from reoccurring through root cause analysis and automation.
- Create, influence, and improve the development platform, infrastructure, standards, and methods to ensure our goals of scalability and high availability.
- Develop and share best practices with development teams to improve the scalability and reliability of the Imagination Platform™
- Industry-leading compensation package
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage
- A rewarding 401k program
- Flexible vacation policy
- Roflex - Flexible and supportive work policy
- Roblox Admin badge for your avatar
- At Roblox HQ:
- Free catered lunches
- Onsite fitness center and fitness program credit
- Annual CalTrain Go Pass