Senior Software Engineer (Backend) - Developer Services
- San Mateo, CA
The impact that you can have at Roblox is powerful. We’re looking for someone who’s eager to take on a meaningful role in the success of Roblox on a massive scale. Someone who takes play seriously, but also isn’t afraid to have some fun either. Someone who’s ready to take Roblox—and their career—to the next level.
Work with the most passionate, team-oriented, visionary, and crazy-smart people you’ll ever meet.
The engineers at Roblox are working on the hardest problems in the tech -- distributed systems, real-time communication, 3D co-experience, massive data processing, social networking, rendering, physics, and more. As a Roblox engineer, you will have real ownership and impact across one or more of these domains.
The Developer Services - Resources team empowers Roblox to be the best development platform for creating 3D social experiences, enabling our creators to publish compelling content within the Roblox ecosystem. This includes services and solutions around the Talent Marketplace, Developer Hub, Developer Forum, and Creator Dashboard. You will create and own mission critical services in this cross-discipline team within the Roblox ecosystem.
- A seasoned backend engineer delivering projects at scale for at least 5 years
- A leader, driving high-impact projects that align with company vision and mission
- A team player, and love collaborating with others to push the boundaries
- Fluent with languages like C#, Java or Go
- Proficient with relational and non-relational databases like SQL Server, MySQL, DynamoDB
- Instrumental in implementing large-scale distributed microservices
- Experienced with Memcached, Redis, or other caching technologies
- Self-organized and comfortable working in a fast-paced environment
- Work with the teams with amazing culture, brightest minds and passionate people
- Have a direct impact on the future of developer products and the growth of Roblox
- Lead engineering & development for the backend services and systems
- Build state-of-the-art systems that are ultra-scalable and resilient to failures
- Collaborate with product and design to push the boundary of what is possible
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage
- A rewarding 401k program
- Flexible vacation policy
- Free catered lunches five times a week and several fully stocked kitchens with unlimited snacks
- Onsite fitness center and fitness program credit
- Annual CalTrain Go Pass
- A Roblox Admin badge for your avatar
Roblox – Powering Imagination
Back to top