Senior Software Engineer - Avatar
The impact that you can have at Roblox is powerful. We’re looking for someone who’s eager to take on a meaningful role in the success of Roblox on a massive scale. Someone who takes play seriously, but also isn’t afraid to have some fun either. Someone who’s ready to take Roblox—and their career—to the next level.
As a Senior Software Engineer on the Avatar team, you will create core engine level technology that will power our future characters and player Avatars. We are looking for engineers passionate about building cutting edge technology and world-class user experiences from both usability and performance perspectives. Your role will be incredibly high impact and will directly affect our tens of millions of monthly users.
- Implement state-of-art character technology including but not limited to geometry, rendering, animation, behavior, and physics
- Take pride in creating a highly performant cross-platform application
- Maintain and improve existing codebase
- Write and maintain automated tests
- Analyze bug and crash reports, fix problems, and optimize performance
- Collaborate with numerous internal teams to help build the world’s best user-generated gaming platform
Proficient in C++, data structures, algorithms, and computer graphics/animation. Strong in 3D math and will look for opportunities to use Machine Learning and computer vision to automate avatar creation and articulation.
Nice to Have:
- Experience with Lua
- Experience in game development.
- Experience with mobile and/or console game engine development
- Experience on an Agile team - Scrum and/or Kanban project process
- Experience building games with Roblox Studio
- Experience with facial animation or general character animation systems
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage
- A rewarding 401k program
- Flexible vacation policy
- Free catered lunches five times a week and several fully stocked kitchens with unlimited snacks
- Onsite fitness center and fitness program credit
- Annual CalTrain Go Pass
- A super-cool Roblox Admin badge for your avatar
- Rock star status with our community
See Inside the Office of Roblox
ROBLOX was launched in 2006 and is striving to create the Future of Entertainment through their Imagination Platform. Powered by a growing community of over 300,000 creators, ROBLOX leverages their community to create family-friendly user-generated content for all ages. ROBLOX's single code base proprietary cloud is supported on desktop, iOS, Android, Amazon devices, and Xbox One.
Back to top