Senior Product Manager - Studio (Roblox China)
- San Mateo, CA
Every day, tens of millions of people from around the world come to Roblox to play, learn, work, and socialize in immersive digital experiences created by the community.
Our vision is to build a platform that enables shared experiences among billions of users. This is what’s known as the metaverse: a persistent space where anyone can do just about anything they can imagine, from anywhere in the world and on any device. The breadth of opportunities, and the evolving demands of this first-of-its-kind platform, ensure that your avenues for growth are always expanding and flexible.
Join us and you’ll usher in a new category of human interaction while solving exceptional challenges that you won’t find anywhere else.
As Senior Product Manager - Studio, you’ll be in charge of driving product objectives for Chinese developers as we bring Roblox Studio, a world-class game creation tool, into China. You will tackle exciting challenges like building a developer ecosystem from zero to one or localizing Studio for Chinese developers. In addition to developing features that will help grow our Chinese developer ecosystem, you will get the opportunity to collaborate with Roblox US product managers to bring these features to our global developers. Come work with the most passionate, team-oriented, visionary, and crazy-smart people you’ll ever meet!
● Technical, with a bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience.
● A self-starter, with 2+ years of experience in product management, in which you managed software projects that cut across multiple stakeholders and organizations. Experience building platforms a plus.
● An effective communicator, with strong listening, verbal, and written skills in both Chinese (Mandarin) and English.
● Open-minded and empathetic, with experience working across multicultural teams.
● Dynamic and flexible, who creates opportunity out of uncertainty and ambiguity (e.g. changing requirements or incomplete data)
● A problem solver, who approaches challenges with a logical and systematic framework
● (Preferred) A 3D game development expert who has experience with other 3D authoring and/or game development solutions such as Unity, Unreal, Maya, 3DS, Blender etc.
● Prepare and manage consumer-facing product requirements for Chinese developers from conception to launch.
● Work with a fast-paced multicultural team, across companies and time zones.
● Have the opportunity to travel between the Roblox office in San Mateo and the Roblox China office in Shenzhen.
● Research and better understand local user pain points and help direct the rest of the organization towards finding suitable solutions for users around the world.
● Balance input from a wide variety of internal stakeholders and external partners with potentially competing priorities and timelines.
● Work closely with engineers, designers, analysts, and product owners to drive the planning and execution of complex product requirements.
● Manage cross team dependencies, and coordinate cross-team initiatives and blocking issues.
● Grow your career with an amazing company.
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage
- A rewarding 401k program
- Flexible vacation policy
- Free catered lunches five times a week and several fully stocked kitchens with unlimited snacks
- Onsite fitness center and fitness program credit
- Annual CalTrain Go Pass
- A Roblox Admin badge for your avatar
Back to top