Senior Product Manager, Roblox Studio
- San Mateo, CA
Senior Product Manager, Roblox Studio
Roblox is ushering in the next generation of entertainment, allowing people to imagine, create, and play together in immersive, user-generated worlds. We’re the one and only fastest-growing entertainment platform that lets anyone teach themselves how to code, publish, and monetize any experience imaginable—across any device—reaching millions of players across the globe.
The impact that you can have at Roblox is powerful. We’re looking for someone who’s eager to take on a meaningful role in the success of Roblox on a massive scale. Someone who takes play seriously, but also isn’t afraid to have some fun either. Someone who’s ready to take Roblox—and their career—to the next level.
In 2018 and 2019, we were honored to be recognized as a Certified Great Place to Work®. We’ve fostered a company culture that empowers people to do the most defining work of their career in an environment that’s made up of the most passionate, team-oriented, visionary, crazy-smart people you’ll ever meet. Join the Roblox team where play rules and the possibilities are endless.
With millions of creators worldwide, Roblox is creating the future of play. Fundamental to that future are the powerful creation tools that enable our developers to create amazing, transformational 3D experiences. We see the future of creation happening completely in the cloud with integrated collaboration and content sharing/reuse forming the foundation. Our Studio product, and the extensive platform APIs we provide, have enabled a community of millions of developers to create compelling content, and we’re building from that starting point.
As a Senior Product Manager - Studio, you will have a profound impact on the product strategy and vision to define the future of Roblox Studio, a world-class game authoring tool. As someone with extensive experience in building 3D and/or software development tools your mission is to research, validate, specify and manage the tools and features that empower Roblox developers to build amazing games and engaging entertainment experiences and increase the power and ease-of-use of our platform. This role is key to growing the Roblox community of developers so that they can deliver the best 3D immersive and game experiences to players all over the world.
- Seasoned Product Manager, with a proven track record of aligning teams and prioritizing features/resources to deliver an excellent product.
- Experienced, with 5-7 years of product management or other relevant experience and Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a similar technical field.
- Detail oriented, with an eye for user interaction beyond the veneer of the GUI down and comfortable with delving into the product, the platform and the implementation details.
- Ambitious, you boldly go where no one has gone before, you are always keen to learn, grow, and push the limits.
- Metrics driven, with proficiency in quality metrics and monitoring.
- Communicator: Strong written and verbal communication skills with ability to convey ideas through detailed specifications and/or wireframes.
- Entrepreneurial: Having worked in a fast paced environment, with competing resources and priorities, through the product life cycle from planning, development, through to launch.
- A self starter: High degree of self direction and independent drive.
- (Preferred) A 3D game development expert who has deep experience with other 3D authoring and/or game development solutions such as Unity, Unreal, Maya, 3DS, Blender etc.
- Create and deliver innovative authoring concepts that satisfy the needs of the diverse Roblox developer community
- Drive the strategic and tactical efforts in building the next generation game authoring tool that enables 3D social co-experiences.
- Relentless customer development and empathy to discover and define the right problems and products we should be pursuing.
- Balance and prioritize new features with existing backlog initiatives and align them with the product vision.
- Communicate Studio needs and product concepts to other internal stakeholders, engineers, designers, and product team members.
- Be incredibly truth-seeking and collect all data necessary to inform product direction whether in the form of competitive intelligence, customer behavior, or other market metrics.
- Industry-leading compensation package
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage
- A rewarding 401k program
- Flexible vacation policy
- A super-cool Roblox Admin badge for your avatar
- Rock star status with our community
- (In pre and post pandemic times)
- Free catered lunches five times a week and several fully stocked kitchens with unlimited snacks
- Onsite fitness center and fitness program credit
- Annual CalTrain Go Pass
Roblox – Powering Imagination
Back to top