Senior Product Manager, Commerce - Ads
- San Mateo, CA
Roblox’s Imagination Platform is ushering in the next generation of entertainment, enabling people to imagine, create, and play together in immersive 3D worlds. Powered by a global community of millions of developers and creators, Roblox allows anyone to build, publish, and monetize any experience imaginable.
Imagine what we can build together.
Senior Product Manager, Commerce - Ads; Roblox, San Mateo, CA
As the Product Manager for Commerce- Ads, you will rebuild from scratch a new advertising platform which will power performance ads on Roblox, as well as new, visionary immersive ad experiences. You will own the design, scoping, and development of front end ad creation and reporting, as well as back-end delivery and optimization of ads. You will also own crafting and driving alignment on the long term vision of immersive and interactive ad experiences on Roblox.
If you are an entrepreneurial product leader, who doesn’t hesitate to propose bold ideas and put them into action, you’ll be a great fit.
- Seasoned Senior Product Manager with a history working on advertising systems, either demand-side or supply-side. You have a proven track record of aligning teams and prioritizing features/resources to deliver an excellent product.
- Experienced, with 4-8 years of product management experience, ideally with a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a similar technical field. Previous experience building/iterating on advertising systems is extremely desirable.
- Entrepreneurial: Having worked in a fast paced environment, with competing resources and priorities, through the product life cycle from planning, development, through to launch. Opinionated and willing to make calls with limited information. Comfortable advocating for resources and operating in a dynamic, fluid organization.
- Technical, comfortable with delving into the product, the platform and the implementation details. Able to engage with engineering beyond just product and user experience needs; willing to roll up sleeves and design scalable and extensible solutions.
- Metrics driven, with proficiency in identifying, defining, tracking and acting upon metrics using A/B testing methods. Experience identifying KPIs and working with engineering and analytics on instrumentation and monitoring.
- Communicator: Strong written and verbal communication skills. Ability to convey strategies, priorities, and tradeoffs at the 30K foot level. Then engage with engineering and design through extremely detailed technical specifications and/or wireframes.
- A self starter: High degree of self direction and independent drive.
- Have full responsibility for defining the long term roadmap, and developing features and capabilities for the end to end ad system on Roblox.
- Build the ads delivery system including building the ads auction, out-come prediction, bidding, budgeting, and other delivery related mechanisms
- Design and build all ad creation, management, and reporting systems
- Work closely with data analytics and engineering teams to define scope, review technical capabilities, prioritize projects for release, and define new opportunities
- Lead and facilitate brainstorming, then take these early ideas and iterate, experiment, and build. Defend your POV against skeptics, while being open to feedback and adapting your ideas to deliver the best output
- Partner with other product, design and engineering teams at Roblox, and drive strategic alignment. Enroll other teams into your product vision and align roadmaps to ensure cohesive product functionality and value proposition
- Use relentless customer understanding and empathy to discover and define the right problems and products we should be pursuing. Comfortable working with a highly technical developer audience
- Balance and prioritize new features with existing backlog initiatives and align them with the product vision
Roblox enables all ages to imagine, create, and play together in immersive experiences on their phones, desktops, consoles, and VR. Today, Roblox supports over 70 million active users each month and has powered over 900 million hours monthly. More than 40 million user-generated games and experiences have been published on the platform, all developed by a talented community of 1.9 million creators. Roblox is changing the way content is created, consumed, distributed and monetized.
- Working with an awesome team of smart and motivated people on cool and unique projects that are used by millions of active users every day
- Robust medical, dental and vision insurance
- 401k program
- Unlimited vacation policy
- Free catered lunches five times a week and several fully stocked kitchens with unlimited snacks
- Fitness reimbursement program
- Pre-tax commuter program
- Roblox Admin badge for your avatar and rockstar status with our community
Roblox – Powering Imagination
Back to top