Senior / Principal Backend Web Engineer - Abuse Detection
The impact that you can have at Roblox is powerful. We’re looking for someone who’s eager to take on a meaningful role in the success of Roblox on a massive scale. Someone who takes play seriously, but also isn’t afraid to have some fun either. Someone who’s ready to take Roblox—and their career—to the next level.
Work with the most passionate, team-oriented, visionary, crazy-smart people you’ll ever meet. The engineers at Roblox are working on the hardest problems in tech today -- distributed systems, real-time communication, 3D co-experience, massive data processing, social networking, rendering, physics, and more. As a Roblox engineer, you will have real ownership and impact across one or more of these domains.
As a Senior / Principal Backend Web Engineer - Abuse Detection, you will work on a new team focused on preventing abuse on the Roblox platform. You will be helping to define the vision and technologies that we will use to combat bots and spam. Roblox is a game development and distribution platform, social network, real-time communications platform, real-time bidding ads platform, e-commerce site, search engine, and cloud services provider all in one.
- Experienced, with a development track record and 5+ years shipping high quality code. Will accept candidates with less experience if they are passionate about the role.
- A Leader with experience supporting mission-critical applications on a large scale
- Effective with demonstrable skills with compiled languages such as go, C#, Java, C++, or others
- Proficient with Microsoft SQL Server, MySql, PostgreSQL or other relational database technology at scale
- Knowledgeable with search technologies such as SOLR or Elasticsearch
- Understand NoSQL technologies such as MongoDB, DynamoDB or others
- Trained with Memcached, Redis, or other caching technologies
- An expert in common web application security issues
- Architect and build backend services to help combat abuse across the Roblox platform
- Help define and implement the vision for abuse detection
- Own writing unit and integration tests
- Define, identify, and resolve production issues
- Provide guidance to help define next generation standards on the backend web and service stack
- Participate in building the world's best user generated gaming platform
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage
- A rewarding 401k program
- Flexible vacation policy
- Free catered lunches five times a week and several fully stocked kitchens with unlimited snacks
- Onsite fitness center and fitness program credit
- Annual CalTrain Go Pass
- A super-cool Roblox Admin badge for your avatar
- Rockstar status with our community
Roblox – Powering Imagination.
Meet Some of Roblox's Employees
Claire works as part of the Growth Team. She seeks to increase the number of active users across Roblox’s platform, a goal which involves finding new ways to improve players’ experiences.
Back to top