Senior Platform Engineer
Roblox is ushering in the next generation of entertainment, allowing people to imagine, create, and play together in immersive, user-generated worlds. We’re the one and only fastest-growing entertainment platform that lets anyone teach themselves how to code, publish, and monetize any experience imaginable—across any device—reaching millions of players across the globe.
The impact that you can have at Roblox is powerful. We’re looking for someone who’s eager to take on a meaningful role in the success of Roblox on a massive scale. Someone who takes play seriously, but also isn’t afraid to have some fun either. Someone who’s ready to take Roblox—and their career—to the next level.
In 2018, we were honored to be recognized as a Certified Great Place to Work®. We’ve fostered a company culture that empowers people to do the most defining work of their career in an environment that’s made up of the most passionate, team-oriented, visionary, crazy-smart people you’ll ever meet. Join the Roblox team where play rules and the possibilities are endless.
Senior Platform Engineer
Platform engineers at Roblox are responsible for the infrastructure that allows our user base to grow quickly while enabling our engineering team to develop features rapidly. They are intimately familiar with all of our technologies and exceptional problem solvers. They understand the balance between agility and stability.
- Comfortable designing, implementing, releasing and monitoring services at large scale, familiar with multiple languages/frameworks you can choose the right tool for the situation.
- A leader by example: raising the technical bar for your team by identifying processes to improve, technologies to leverage and ways to mentor.
- Curious, passionate and determined to deliver world class software that’s used more than 1 billion hours a month, busting through any walls in your way.
- Step up to design the interfaces and abstractions between services, building simple but highly leveraged distributed systems for the company.
- Take the initiative to discover, diagnose and resolve performance bottlenecks at scale before our users notice.
- Leverage billions of data points to drive your decisions, optimizing your features for fellow engineers, Roblox developers and Roblox players.
You Should Love:
- Building features that improve the lives of over 100 million players a month
- The opportunity to take on massive responsibility and define your own path to success
- Working with a world class team that will challenge, empower and stand by you
- Being the coolest adult kids know :)
See Inside the Office of Roblox
ROBLOX was launched in 2006 and is striving to create the Future of Entertainment through their Imagination Platform. Powered by a growing community of over 300,000 creators, ROBLOX leverages their community to create family-friendly user-generated content for all ages. ROBLOX's single code base proprietary cloud is supported on desktop, iOS, Android, Amazon devices, and Xbox One.
Back to top