Senior Graphics Rendering Engineer
ROBLOX – The Imagination Platform.
At ROBLOX, we are building a user-generated 3D content and gaming platform, which includes a rendering engine used by tens of millions of people worldwide. Join some of the best Graphics Engineers in the world supporting the largest immersive 3D streaming environment deployed across console, desktop, mobile, and VR.
As a Senior Rendering Engineer, you will solve difficult challenges while continuing to build a high-speed, completely dynamic environment connected on all devices. You will come up with ideas for graphics effects and features leveraged by our 400K strong developer community to create stunning content. Some projects we’re planning for the near future that you will have direct impact on:
- Dynamic sky
- Physically-based shading
- Compute, shader-based lighting system
All of this is based on an in-house rendering engine built from the ground up, supporting DirectX 9/11, OpenGL, GNM, and Metal API’s, with Vulkan in the works. We have a powerful need for top-notch, low-level and high-level graphics work. The games on the ROBLOX platform are completely dynamic -- anything can change at any time -- and our rendering engine has to excel in this dynamic environment.
- Investigate and implement new rendering techniques to make ROBLOX graphics more immersive and expressive
- Work with technical artists to develop stunning visuals
- Improve performance and stability of our game engine
- 5+ years professional experience as a rendering/graphics engineer
- Strong C++ skillset
- Fluent in 3-D math and algorithms
- Performance-driven focus, able to write tightly optimized code
- Shader development in High Level Shader Languages (HLSL) or equivalent
- A strong desire to learn ROBLOX infrastructure and build new features to improve the quality of our product
- Self-sufficient, self-organized, and able to take ownership of a project throughout its full lifecycle
Nice to Have:
- Low level rendering API’s such as Metal and Vulkan
- Previous experience designing and coding a game engine from scratch
- Console development experience
- Multithreading expertise
Perks & Benefits:
- Robust medical, dental and vision insurance
- Flexible time-off
- Wellness reimbursement
- Free onsite parking & other commuter benefits
- Free catered lunches & a fully stocked kitchen with unlimited snacks!
- Chance to work with a top-notch team on cool and unique projects!
ROBLOX is a powerful technology platform that allows users of all ages to create games, play and socialize in immersive 3D worlds. Over 22 million user generated games have been produced on the ROBLOX platform with more than 28 million players coming each month to socialize, learn, and play in worlds that stretch imaginations. ROBLOX was ranked #37 in the Consumer Products and Services category for overall revenue in INC Magazine’s 2016 5000 Fastest Growing Private Companies in America.
Meet Some of Roblox's Employees
Director Of Engineering
Isaiah guides team workflow for ROBLOX's product development. He troubleshoots and streamlines the process, and supplies the tools and support to help team members thrive.
Back to top