Senior Graphics Rendering Engineer
The impact that you can have at Roblox is powerful. We’re looking for someone who’s eager to take on a meaningful role in the success of Roblox on a massive scale. Someone who takes play seriously, but also isn’t afraid to have some fun either. Someone who’s ready to take Roblox—and their career—to the next level.
Work with the most passionate, team-oriented, visionary, and crazy-smart people you’ll ever meet. The engineers at Roblox are working on the hardest problems in tech today -- distributed systems, real-time communication, 3D co-experience, massive data processing, social networking, rendering, physics, and more. As a Roblox engineer, you will have real ownership and impact across one or more of these domains.
As a Senior Graphics Programmer, you will solve difficult challenges while continuing to build a high-speed, completely dynamic environment connected to all devices. You will come up with ideas for graphics effects and features leveraged by our 400K strong developer community to create stunning content. All of this is based on an in-house rendering engine built from the ground up and supporting DirectX 9/11, OpenGL, GNM, Metal, and Vulkan GAPI’s. We have a powerful need for top-notch, low-level and high-level graphics. The games on the Roblox platform are completely dynamic - our rendering engine needs to excel in this environment where anything can change at any time. This is where you come in!
- Amazing at systems-level C++ programming - 5+ years of experience with multithreading, pointers, templates, and raw blocks of memory
- Proficient in real-time rendering - 3+ years professional experience
- Knowledgeable in shader development - HLSL, GLSL, or equivalent
- Fluent in 3D math and algorithms
- Experienced with console development and game engines
- Self-sustained - you can independently break down high-level tasks and drive them to completion
- Investigate and implement new rendering techniques to make ROBLOX graphics more immersive and expressive
- Work on cool new projects, such as dynamic sky, physically-based shading, and shader-based lighting system
- Work with technical artists to develop stunning visuals and improve the performance and stability of our game engine
- Work on every application Roblox develops, from mobile phone clients to cloud-based servers
- Self-organize your work and take ownership of projects throughout their full life-cycles
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage
- A rewarding 401k program
- Flexible vacation policy
- Free catered lunches five times a week and fully stocked kitchens with unlimited snacks
- Onsite fitness center and fitness program credit
- Annual CalTrain Go Pass
- A super-cool Roblox Admin badge for your avatar
- Rockstar status with our community
Roblox – Powering Imagination.
Back to top