Senior Game Networking Engineer (C++ )
ROBLOX – The Imagination Platform
We are seeking a highly skilled senior software engineer to join the Networking team. If you enjoy building a large scale distributed 3D physics simulation environment and hunger to understand the workings and infrastructure of a massive online user-generated gaming platform, this is your dream job.
- Participate in determining technical approaches and developing new or enhancing network technologies.
- Implement and own major distributed simulation features.
- Implement and optimize the virtual world replication protocol.
- Maintain and optimize the test automation framework for distributed simulation.
- Collaborate with all client engineering teams to build a scalable and versatile game networking environment.
- Must have proven experience in game networking
- Strong background in high performance C++
- Experience with high level scalable server architecture design
- Networking experience in TCP / IP and UDP protocols
- Self-sufficient, self-organized, and able to take ownership of a project throughout its full lifecycle
- BS or MS in Computer Science or related technical discipline
Perks & Benefits:
- Robust medical, dental and vision insurance
- Flexible time-off
- Wellness reimbursement
- Free onsite parking & other commuter benefits
- Free catered lunches & a fully stocked kitchen with unlimited snacks!
- Chance to work with a top-notch team on cool and unique projects!
ROBLOX is a powerful technology platform that allows users of all ages to create games, play and socialize in immersive 3D worlds. Over 22 million user generated games have been produced on the ROBLOX platform with more than 28 million players coming each month to socialize, learn, and play in worlds that stretch imaginations. ROBLOX was ranked #37 in the Consumer Products and Services category for overall revenue in INC Magazine’s 2016 5000 Fastest Growing Private Companies in America.
Back to top