Senior Game Network Engineer (C++ )
ROBLOX – The Imagination Platform
At ROBLOX, we are building a metaverse that connects over 30M people worldwide across console, desktop, mobile, and VR. These are highly interactive, immersive simulation environments that are fully networked. Join a best-in-class engineering team to work on the most difficult problem in networking.
As a Senior Networking Engineer, you will build what is essentially the largest cloud in the gaming industry. Every one of our 10 million user-generated games is online and multiplayer. From first-person shooters to RTS games and social building games, our platform has to provide the best networked experience possible: low latency, smooth interpolation, and robust extrapolation.
You have a passion for making high performance, low latency, efficient networked systems. You will help us build the best interactive 3D environments in the world.
- Participate in determining technical approaches and developing new or enhancing network technologies.
- Implement and own major distributed simulation features.
- Implement and optimize the virtual world replication protocol.
- Maintain and optimize the test automation framework for distributed simulation.
- Collaborate with all client engineering teams to build a scalable and versatile game networking environment.
- Proven experience in real-time networking
- Strong background in high performance C++
- Experience with high-level, scalable server architecture design
- Thorough understanding of TCP / IP and UDP protocols
- Self-sufficient, self-organized, and able to take ownership of a project throughout its full lifecycle
- BS or MS in Computer Science or related technical discipline
Nice to Haves:
- Real-time game networking, such as a networked shooter, RTS, or MMO
Perks & Benefits:
- Robust medical, dental and vision insurance
- Flexible time-off
- Wellness reimbursement
- Free onsite parking & other commuter benefits
- Free catered lunches & a fully stocked kitchen with unlimited snacks!
- Chance to work with a top-notch team on cool and unique projects!
ROBLOX is a powerful technology platform that allows users of all ages to create games, play and socialize in immersive 3D worlds. Over 22 million user generated games have been produced on the ROBLOX platform with more than 28 million players coming each month to socialize, learn, and play in worlds that stretch imaginations. ROBLOX was ranked #37 in the Consumer Products and Services category for overall revenue in INC Magazine’s 2016 5000 Fastest Growing Private Companies in America.
Meet Some of Roblox's Employees
Director Of Engineering
Isaiah guides team workflow for ROBLOX's product development. He troubleshoots and streamlines the process, and supplies the tools and support to help team members thrive.
Back to top