Senior Game Console Engineer
ROBLOX – The Imagination Platform.
Work on the core of a robust, cross-platform engine used by millions of people worldwide. Your product enhancements will be deployed each week to a rapidly growing user base.
- Port ROBLOX C++ engine to leading console gaming platforms (Xbox One, PS4)
- Integrate with PlayStation 4 and Xbox One platform architectures
- Improve performance and stability of our game engine
- Build the initital iteration of Roblox's PSVR port
- Strong C++ skillset (exposure to Boost or QT a plus)
- A strong desire to learn ROBLOX infrastructure and build new features to improve the quality of our product
- Self-sufficient, self-organized, and able to take ownership of a project throughout its full lifecycle
Nice to Haves:
- PlayStation 4 and Xbox One development experience
- Previous experience designing and coding a game engine from scratch
- Client-server networking experience
- Lua scripting experience
- Windows/Mac/mobile system knowledge
- Multithreading expertise
- 3-D programming
- Integrated or programmed physics engines
- Tamper resistance (protecting against exploiting) expertise
Perks & Benefits:
- Robust medical, dental and vision insurance
- Flexible time-off
- Wellness reimbursement
- Free onsite parking & other commuter benefits
- Free catered lunches & a fully stocked kitchen with unlimited snacks!
- Chance to work with a top-notch team on cool and unique projects!
ROBLOX is a powerful technology platform that allows users of all ages to create games, play and socialize in immersive 3D worlds. Over 22 million user generated games have been produced on the ROBLOX platform with more than 28 million players coming each month to socialize, learn, and play in worlds that stretch imaginations. ROBLOX was ranked #37 in the Consumer Products and Services category for overall revenue in INC Magazine’s 2016 5000 Fastest Growing Private Companies in America.
Back to top