Senior Full-stack Web Engineer- Shenzhen, China
- Shenzhen, China
About Roblox China
Roblox, a global online experience platform for kids, brings more than 90 million people together through play. We enable anyone to imagine, create, and have fun with friends as they explore millions of immersive 3D experiences, all built by a global community of developers. Roblox is ranked as one of the top online entertainment services for audience under the age of 18.
To continue our global growth, Roblox has structured a joint venture with Chinese technology giant Tencent to help us enter the Chinese market. Roblox China will initially focus on education: specifically, coding fundamentals, game design, digital citizenship and entrepreneurial skills. Roblox China will also create and nurture an active community of developers in the region. With access to China’s roughly 800 million internet users, Roblox has the opportunity to reach the next level of global experiences companies.
By joining Roblox China, you will have the opportunity to have a powerful impact on our company’s growth trajectory. We’re looking for someone who is eager to take on a meaningful role to help Roblox China grow. Someone who takes play seriously, but also isn’t afraid to have some fun either. Someone who is ready to take Roblox China—and their career—to the next level. Join the Roblox China team where play rules and the possibilities are endless.
Senior Platform Engineer
Platform engineers at Roblox are responsible for the infrastructure that allows our user base to grow quickly while enabling our engineering team to develop features rapidly. They are intimately familiar with all of our technologies and exceptional problem solvers. They understand the balance between agility and stability.
- Comfortable designing, implementing, releasing and monitoring services at large scale, familiar with multiple languages/frameworks you can choose the right tool for the situation.
- A leader by example: raising the technical bar for your team by identifying processes to improve, technologies to leverage and ways to mentor.
- Curious, passionate and determined to deliver world class software that’s used more than 1 billion hours a month, busting through any walls in your way.
- MUST BE FLUENT IN MANDARIN AND ENGLISH
- Step up to design the interfaces and abstractions between services, building simple but highly leveraged distributed systems for the company.
- Take the initiative to discover, diagnose and resolve performance bottlenecks at scale before our users notice.
- Leverage billions of data points to drive your decisions, optimizing your features for fellow engineers, Roblox developers and Roblox players.
You Should Love:
- Building features that improve the lives of over 100 million players a month
- The opportunity to take on massive responsibility and define your own path to success
- Working with a world class team that will challenge, empower and stand by you
For a list of all of our jobs in Shenzhen, please visit our careers page: https://corp.roblox.cn/career/
Back to top