Senior Full Stack Web Engineer - Search
ROBLOX – The Imagination Platform.
Help us build the world’s best user generated gaming platform, supporting integrated desktop and mobile gameplay. We have a viral gaming directory, a massive virtual goods catalog, and an engaged social network.
The Roblox Search Team is looking for an outstanding engineer to help build the next-generation of search features that support millions of transactions. Candidates must be willing to take on challenging projects in the fields of search relevancy, ranking, indexing, and architecture.
- Apply knowledge data mining and natural language processing algorithms for development of key Roblox Search features.
- Develop core technologies required for search that can be scaled for various languages.
- Develop processes and metrics to help build high quality search pipeline.
- Bring creative ideas for Roblox products/services and leverage the power of large amount of data to solve complex problems.
- Design, develop and deploy software solutions that impacts millions of Roblox customers.
- Demonstrated broad understanding of search domain encompassing data, algorithms, and user experience.
- Knowledge of Open Source search projects Lucene and Elasticsearch.
- Ability to provide highly complex analytical solutions within established timelines is essential.
- Experience architecting, implementing and supporting large scale enterprise search platforms.
Nice to Have:
- Knowledge of or experience with Machine Learning, and Information Retrieval is a definite plus.
Perks & Benefits:
- Robust medical, dental and vision insurance
- Flexible paid vacation
- Wellness reimbursement
- Free onsite parking & other commuter benefits
- Free catered lunches & a fully stocked kitchen with unlimited snacks
ROBLOX is a powerful technology platform that allows users of all ages to create games, play and socialize in immersive 3D worlds. Over 22 million user generated games have been produced on the ROBLOX platform with more than 28 million players coming each month to socialize, learn, and play in worlds that stretch imaginations. ROBLOX was ranked #37 in the Consumer Products and Services category for overall revenue in INC Magazine’s 2016 5000 Fastest Growing Private Companies in America.
Meet Some of Roblox's Employees
Director Of Engineering
Isaiah guides team workflow for ROBLOX's product development. He troubleshoots and streamlines the process, and supplies the tools and support to help team members thrive.
Back to top