Every day, tens of millions of people from around the world come to Roblox to play, learn, work, and socialize in immersive digital experiences created by the community.
Our vision is to build a platform that enables shared experiences among billions of users. This is what’s known as the metaverse: a persistent space where anyone can do just about anything they can imagine, from anywhere in the world and on any device. The breadth of opportunities, and the evolving demands of this first-of-its-kind platform, ensure that your avenues for growth are always expanding and flexible.
Join us and you’ll usher in a new category of human interaction while solving exceptional challenges that you won’t find anywhere else.
How we power Roblox:
- CDN - we push hundreds of petabytes of data through our CDNs each month
- Micro-services - we are responsible for 50+ micro-services, the most of any Roblox full-stack engineering team
- API Scale - we run services that hit 500K - 700K RPS, the highest load of any Roblox full-stack engineering team.
- Thumbnails - our system generates 20,000 - 50,000 thumbnails at peak. Perfect for viewing all your avatar clothing options!
We will work on:
- Managing the team that designs and implements features in our backend server and API stack that power https://www.roblox.com and mobile apps for iOS, Android, and Amazon platforms.
- Building new micro-services in a modern development process using Docker, .net Core Linux, and container orchestration.
- Technical leadership: be a gatekeeper for a high code quality bar, architectural designs, and pragmatic vs. long-term approaches.
- Advocating for agreement between product and feature teams on requirements, architecture decisions, and implementation details.
- Someone that has architected, designed, and developed a wide-array of software products.
- An experienced, full-stack, technical leader who has shipped multiple versions of products at different companies.
- An Engineering Manager with 5+ years of management experience.
- Someone that has managed teams of 8+ individual contributors reporting to you.
- An expert in building highly scalable distributed systems.
- Knowledgeable with REST, API design patterns and microservices.
- A people manager who deeply cares about their team members and prioritizes kindness, creativity, and impact.
Equal employment opportunity statement below.
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage
- A rewarding 401k program
- Flexible vacation policy
- Free catered lunches five times a week and several fully stocked kitchens with unlimited snacks
- Onsite fitness center and fitness program credit
- Annual CalTrain Go Pass
- A Roblox Admin badge for your avatar