Senior Engineering Director - Game Engine
The impact that you can have at Roblox is powerful. We’re looking for someone who’s eager to take on a meaningful role in the success of Roblox on a massive scale. Someone who takes play seriously, but also isn’t afraid to have some fun either. Someone who’s ready to take Roblox—and their career—to the next level.
Work with the most passionate, team-oriented, visionary, crazy-smart people you’ll ever meet. The engineers at Roblox are working on the hardest problems in tech today -- distributed systems, real time communication, 3D co-experience, massive data processing, social networking, rendering, physics, and more. As a Roblox engineer, you will have real ownership and impact across one or more of these domains.
As the Senior Engineering Director - Game Engine, your will focus on performance, memory usage, and stability in every area. By extending our embedded Lua VM with new language features for networked communication, we make it easier to create great multiplayer content. We are building a new constructive solid geometry engine to intuitively compose objects in real-time. Simultaneously, we are pushing our immersive vision forward with projects like procedurally generated sky and weather systems as well as new groundbreaking dynamic lighting technology.
We’re looking for an exceptional leader to help guide the team on this journey. You’ll lead a world-class team to solve hard technical challenges unique to our dynamic ecosystem.
- Skilled in C/C++ with 5+ years in a technical lead role
- Experienced: 5+ years in delivering a high quality real time 3d platform, such as a game engine
- Data-driven with a mastery of developing and using precise stability and performance metrics
- Passionate about the developing great talent and have a proven track record of running successful teams
- An Expert in game development skills like rendering, networking, and physics a plus
- A Leader with a track record with shipping a real-time client server networked product such as an MMO
- Drive the development of an engine used by millions of people
- Build upon our highly collaborative, high quality culture
- Ensure continuous improvement and delivery of a robust, blazing fast game engine
- Demonstrate technical leadership over complex engineering and architectural problems
- Help define the technical roadmap of the core Roblox engine
- Collaborate cross-functionally across engineering and product teams
- Provide mentorship and develop talented engineers
- Establish best practices, tools, and process
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage
- A rewarding 401k program
- Flexible vacation policy
- Free catered lunches five times a week and several fully stocked kitchens with unlimited snacks
- Onsite fitness center and fitness program credit
- Annual CalTrain Go Pass
- A super-cool Roblox Admin badge for your avatar
- Rock star status with our community
Roblox – Powering Imagination.
Back to top