Senior Content Engineer
Roblox, Senior Content Engineer, San Mateo, CA
The impact that you can have at Roblox is powerful. We’re looking for someone who’s eager to take on a meaningful role in the success of Roblox on a massive scale. Someone who takes play seriously, but also isn’t afraid to have some fun either. Someone who’s ready to take Roblox—and their career—to the next level.
Work with the most passionate, team-oriented, visionary, and crazy-smart people you’ll ever meet. As a Senior Content Engineer, you will author content to empower developers around the world as they create engaging experiences on the Roblox Platform. Utilize your knowledge of instructional design and game development best practices to create tutorials and documentation used by self-directed learners ranging from hobbyists to full fledged professional game studios. You will also support educational initiatives by creating curriculum for a global audience of educators.
- Experienced with 3 - 5 years writing instructional content
- Educated with a degree in Instructional Design, Game Design, or Computer Science
- Proficient with a programming or scripting language (C/C++, Java, Lua, Python, etc)
- Curious: Learn quickly and open to new ways of doing things
- Goal-oriented: Focused on results and find creative ways to overcome obstacles
- Passionate, hard-working, a self-starter with a positive, can-do attitude
- Create flexible lesson planning materials, handouts, and guides
- Design tutorials and activities teaching coding, game design, and entrepreneurship
- Provide editing and mentorship for other writers on the team
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage
- A rewarding 401k program
- Flexible vacation policy
- Free catered lunches five times a week and several fully stocked kitchens with unlimited snacks
- Onsite fitness center and fitness program credit
- Annual CalTrain Go Pass
- A super-cool Roblox Admin badge for your avatar
- Rock star status with our community
Roblox – Powering Imagination.
Meet Some of Roblox's Employees
Claire works as part of the Growth Team. She seeks to increase the number of active users across Roblox’s platform, a goal which involves finding new ways to improve players’ experiences.
Back to top