Senior C++ Systems Engineer
- San Mateo, CA
Roblox is ushering in the next generation of entertainment, allowing people to imagine, create, and play together in immersive, user-generated worlds. We’re the one and only fastest-growing entertainment platform that lets anyone teach themselves how to code, publish, and monetize any experience imaginable—across any device—reaching millions of players across the globe.
The impact that you can have at Roblox is powerful. We’re looking for someone who’s eager to take on a meaningful role in the success of Roblox on a massive scale. Someone who takes play seriously, but also isn’t afraid to have some fun either. Someone who’s ready to take Roblox—and their career—to the next level.
In 2018, we were honored to be recognized as a Certified Great Place to Work®. We’ve fostered a company culture that empowers people to do the most defining work of their career in an environment that’s made up of the most passionate, team-oriented, visionary, crazy-smart people you’ll ever meet. Join the Roblox team where play rules and the possibilities are endless.
As a Senior C++ Systems Engineer on our Game Engine Team, you will have an immediate impact on the building blocks of Roblox itself. The software you build is a very large and complex application that empowers our global community of 2M+ Developers to push the boundaries of interactive gaming. Your work will touch every part of the engine - from threading and memory management to physics and scripting. If you enjoy engineering cutting-edge C++ software alongside highly-skilled and passionate Engineers, you will be right at home on our growing game engine team.
- A systems-level C++ programmer: pointers, templates, and raw blocks of memory are your tools for writing high-performance code
- Self-sufficient: you can break down high-level tasks and drive them to completion
- Experienced with multiple platforms: you jump with ease between Windows, OS X, Linux, Android, iOS, XBox, and other platforms (coming soon)
- Develop engine code that performs well for all user-created games on the Roblox platform
- Improve scripting, memory management, bootstrapping, and other fundamental layers of the Roblox engine
- Find solutions which conserve battery on mobile devices while being amazingly realistic on high-end platforms
- Work on every application Roblox develops, from mobile phone clients to cloud-based servers
- Self-organize your work and take ownership of projects throughout their full life-cycles
- Working on unique projects that are seen - and enjoyed - by millions of active Roblox users every day
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage
- A rewarding 401k program
- Flexible vacation policy
- Free catered lunches five times a week and several fully stocked kitchens with unlimited snacks
- Onsite fitness center and fitness program credit
- Annual CalTrain Go Pass
- A super-cool Roblox Admin badge for your avatar
- Rockstar status with our community
Roblox – Powering Imagination.
See Inside the Office of Roblox
ROBLOX was launched in 2006 and is striving to create the Future of Entertainment through their Imagination Platform. Powered by a growing community of over 300,000 creators, ROBLOX leverages their community to create family-friendly user-generated content for all ages. ROBLOX's single code base proprietary cloud is supported on desktop, iOS, Android, Amazon devices, and Xbox One.
Back to top