Senior C++ Modeling Engineer
Senior C++ Engineer - Modeling
Roblox is ushering in the next generation of entertainment, allowing people to imagine, create, and play together in immersive, user-generated worlds. We’re the one and only fastest-growing entertainment platform that lets anyone teach themselves how to code, publish, and monetize any experience imaginable—across any device—reaching millions of players across the globe.
The impact that you can have at Roblox is powerful. We’re looking for someone who’s eager to take on a meaningful role in the success of Roblox on a massive scale. Someone who takes play seriously, but also isn’t afraid to have some fun either. Someone who’s ready to take Roblox—and their career—to the next level.
In 2018, we were honored to be recognized as a Certified Great Place to Work®. We’ve fostered a company culture that empowers people to do the most defining work of their career in an environment that’s made up of the most passionate, team-oriented, visionary, crazy-smart people you’ll ever meet. Join the Roblox team where play rules and the possibilities are endless.
At Roblox, the Developer Tools team focuses on the millions of game developers on our platform. Its mission is to power rapid development by providing developers with world-class tools & access to high quality content. In this position you will be part of creating the best content creation tools for our developers.
As a Senior C++ Engineer in the Developer Tools team you will leverage and build on Roblox Studio to create, expand, and improve the modeling capabilities of our development suite.
We are looking for engineers passionate about building world-class user experiences which are both usable and performant. Your role will be incredibly high impact and will directly affect our tens of millions of monthly users.
You need to be proficient in C++, data structures, algorithms, 3D mathematics, and 3D APIs. Experience with Lua is desired but not required, as is experience in game development. Experience with game engine development and/or CAD application development is especially interesting. We are an Agile team, so make sure you are comfortable with the core concepts of the Scrum and Kanban project processes.
- An expert C++ programmer with 5+ years of professional experience
- Experienced, with at least 3 years doing 3D programming
- An expert with 3D API and shader languages
- Experienced with a scripting language like Lua
- Knowledgeable with 3D game engines
- Familiar with building exporters for Blender, Maya, Max, or Houdini
- Able to write clear design specs, mentor senior and junior engineers, and guide projects from beginning to end
- Experienced with profiling, optimization, and developing tools and workflows
- Test driven: you love writing tests
- Create best-in-class developer facing modeling tools using C++ and Lua in Roblox Studio
- Improve the workflow of our community’s content creators
- Maintain and improve an existing codebase
- Work closely with product Managers and designers to ensure that the product embodies the shared vision
- Collaborate with numerous internal teams to help build the world's best user generated gaming platform
- Integrate with embedded QA to ensure that bugs are caught early and fixed quickly
- Write and maintain automated tests
- Self-organize your work and take ownership of projects throughout their full life cycles
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage
- A rewarding 401k program
- Flexible vacation policy
- Free catered lunches five times a week and several fully stocked kitchens with unlimited snacks
- Onsite fitness center and fitness program credit
- Annual CalTrain Go Pass
- A super-cool Roblox Admin badge for your avatar
- Rock star status with our community
Back to top