Senior C++ Engineer - Modeling
ComScore ranks Roblox as one of the top digital properties in the US for kids under the age of 18 and has been named One of America's Fastest-Growing Private Companies in the Inc. 5000 for two consecutive years.
Work with the most passionate, team-oriented, visionary, and crazy smart people you’ll ever meet. The engineers at Roblox are working on the hardest problems in tech today: distributed systems, real time communication, 3D co-experience, massive data processing, social networking, rendering, physics, and more. As a Roblox engineer, you will have real ownership and impact across one or more of these domains.
As a Senior C++ Engineer in the Developer Tools team you will leverage and build on Roblox Studio to create, expand, and improve the modeling capabilities of our development suite.
We are looking for engineers passionate about building world-class user experiences which are both usable and performant. Your role will be incredibly high impact and will directly affect our tens of millions of monthly users.
You need to be proficient in C++, data structures, algorithms, 3D mathematics, and 3D APIs. Experience with Lua is desired but not required, as is experience in game development. Experience with game engine development and/or CAD application development is especially interesting. We are an Agile team, so make sure you are comfortable with the core concepts of the Scrum and Kanban project processes.
- An expert C++ programmer with 5+ years of professional experience
- Experienced, with at least 3 years doing 3D programming
- An expert with 3D API and shader languages
- An expert in linear algebra
- Experienced with a scripting language like Lua
- Knowledgeable with 3D game engines
- Familiar with building exporters for Blender, Maya, Max, or Houdini
- Able to write clear design specs, mentor senior and junior engineers, and guide projects from beginning to end
- Experienced with profiling, optimization, and developing tools and workflows
- Test driven: you love writing tests
- Create best-in-class developer facing modeling tools using C++ and Lua in Roblox Studio
- Improve the workflow of our community’s content creators
- Maintain and improve an existing codebase
- Work closely with product Managers and designers to ensure that the product embodies the shared vision
- Collaborate with numerous internal teams to help build the world's best user generated gaming platform
- Integrate with embedded QA to ensure that bugs are caught early and fixed quickly
- Write and maintain automated tests
- Self-organize your work and take ownership of projects throughout their full life cycles
Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage
A rewarding 401k program
A flexible vacation policy
Free catered lunches five times a week and several fully stocked kitchens with unlimited snacks
An on-site fitness center and fitness credit program
An annual CalTrain Go Pass
A super cool Roblox Admin badge for your avatar
Rock star status with our community
Roblox – Powering Imagination.
Back to top