Senior C++ Engineer
Roblox’s imagination platform is ushering in the next generation of entertainment. Roblox enables kids of all ages to imagine, create, and play together in immersive experiences on their phones, desktops, consoles, and VR. Powered by a growing global community of millions of creators, Roblox enables anyone to build, publish, and monetize their creations.
ComScore ranks Roblox as one of the top digital properties in the US for kids under the age of 18 and has been named One of America's Fastest-Growing Private Companies in the Inc. 5000 for two consecutive years.
Work with the most passionate, team-oriented, visionary, and crazy smart people you’ll ever meet. The engineers at Roblox are working on the hardest problems in tech today: distributed systems, real time communication, 3D co-experience, massive data processing, social networking, rendering, physics, and more. As a Roblox engineer, you will have real ownership and impact across one or more of these domains.
As a Senior C++ Engineer in the Developer Tools team you will leverage and build on the Roblox game engine to create innovative marketplace tools and experiences for our developers.
We are looking for engineers passionate about building world-class user experiences which are both usable and performant. Your role will be incredibly high impact and will directly affect our tens of millions of monthly users.
You need to be expert in C++, data structures, algorithms, and networking. Experience with Lua is desired but not required, as is experience in game development. We are an Agile team, so make sure you are comfortable with the core concepts of the Scrum and Kanban project processes.
- An expert C++ programmer with 5+ years of professional experience
- Experienced, with 5+ years working professionally on consumer-facing UI
- Experienced with a scripting language like Lua
- Experienced with the Qt framework (desired, not required)
- Able to write clear design specs, mentor senior and junior engineers, and guide projects from beginning to end
- Able to understand user needs and take them into account when programming
- Attentive to detail
- Someone with a deep understanding of video game production
- Passionate about performance
- Test driven -- you love writing tests
- Create a best-in-class user-facing marketplace using C++ and Lua in Roblox Studio
- Work closely with product Managers and designers to ensure that the product embodies the shared vision
- Collaborate with numerous internal teams to help build the world's best user generated gaming platform
- Integrate with embedded QA to ensure that bugs are caught early and fixed quickly
- Write and maintain automated tests
- Self-organize your work and take ownership of projects throughout their full life cycles
Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage
A rewarding 401k program
A flexible vacation policy
Free catered lunches five times a week and several fully stocked kitchens with unlimited snacks
An on-site fitness center and fitness credit program
An annual CalTrain Go Pass
A super cool Roblox Admin badge for your avatar
Rock star status with our community
Roblox – Powering Imagination.
See Inside the Office of Roblox
ROBLOX was launched in 2006 and is striving to create the Future of Entertainment through their Imagination Platform. Powered by a growing community of over 300,000 creators, ROBLOX leverages their community to create family-friendly user-generated content for all ages. ROBLOX's single code base proprietary cloud is supported on desktop, iOS, Android, Amazon devices, and Xbox One.
Back to top