Senior Backend Web Engineer - Internationalization
Our Internationalization team is driving our efforts to expand ROBLOX as a first-class experience across the globe. This team builds internal systems for managing localization of application resources into various languages and cultures, the infrastructure behind the machine translation of real-time interactions between users, the tools for our users to manage the translation of their content, and other region-specific features across our product.
As an Engineer on this team, your work will affect numerous domains such as mobile apps, web pages, backend services, content distribution, search, third party integrations, etc.
There are tens of millions of users interacting with ROBLOX every month, and millions more finding us around the world. This is an opportunity to have a huge impact on a vital team and the ROBLOX platform as a whole.
- Strong understanding of software design patterns
- Automated testing is a first thought
- Experience working with large distributed backend systems
- SQL and NoSQL
- Ability to self organize and deliver
Nice to have:
- Professional experience with an OOP language, especially our stack (C#)
- Experience with language localization
Perks & Benefits:
- Robust medical, dental and vision insurance
- Flexible time-off
- Wellness reimbursement
- Free onsite parking & other commuter benefits
- Free catered lunches & a fully stocked kitchen with unlimited snacks!
- Chance to work with a top-notch team on cool and unique projects!
ROBLOX is a powerful technology platform that allows users of all ages to create games, play and socialize in immersive 3D worlds. Over 22 million user generated games have been produced on the ROBLOX platform with more than 28 million players coming each month to socialize, learn, and play in worlds that stretch imaginations. ROBLOX was ranked #37 in the Consumer Products and Services category for overall revenue in INC Magazine’s 2016 5000 Fastest Growing Private Companies in America.
Back to top