Senior Backend Web Engineer - International
The impact that you can have at Roblox is powerful. We’re looking for someone who’s eager to take on a meaningful role in the success of Roblox on a massive scale. Someone who takes play seriously, but also isn’t afraid to have some fun either. Someone who’s ready to take Roblox—and their career—to the next level.
As a Senior Backend Web Engineer working on the International team, you’ll have a unique opportunity to bring the largest social platform for play to a global audience in their native language. If you love large scale and complex systems that are used by millions of users on a daily basis around the world and you understand the particular challenges that localization brings with it, you’ll fit right into our highly-skilled and rapidly growing engineering team.
- Experienced with a Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent professional experience) in Computer Science or related engineering field with at least 8 years of hands-on experience.
- A Solid programmer with demonstrable skills with compiled languages such as C#, Java, C++, or others.
- Proven at scale: you’ve designed and implemented large-scale distributed microservices architectures and have experience with Memcached, Redis, or other caching technologies.
- Proficient with Microsoft SQL Server, MySQL, PostgreSQL or other database technology at scale.
- Practiced with noSQL technologies such as DynamoDB, MongoDB or others.
- Knowledgeable about search technologies such as Elasticsearch or Solr.
- Focused on writing clear, readable, testable, and monitored code.
- Have a direct impact on the future direction of the largest social platform for play, delivering groundbreaking solutions that will enable our development teams to localize Roblox for a global community of over 60 million monthly active players.
- Develop services by which our community of creators on the platform can internationalize their games, whether manually, crowdsourced, or automatically via machine translation.
- Build core internationalization and localization tools and infrastructure, which will be used by all engineering teams within Roblox.
- Design and build backend services to handle real-time machine translation of user communication.
- Serve as a tech lead for the team and mentor junior engineers.
- Play an active role in recruiting future talent for the team.
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage
- A rewarding 401k program
- Flexible vacation policy
- Free catered lunches five times a week and several fully stocked kitchens with unlimited snacks
- Onsite fitness center and fitness program credit
- Annual CalTrain Go Pass
- A Roblox Admin badge for your avatar
Roblox – Powering Imagination
Back to top