Senior Backend Web Engineer
As a backend web engineer you will work on a cross-discipline team building world class features for the ROBLOX platform. ROBLOX is a game development and distribution platform, social network, real time communications platform, real time bidding ads platform, ecommerce site, search engine, and cloud services provider all in one. We are looking for engineers who are passionate about building efficient systems that operate at scale across all of these domains. Our distributed backend system of microservices handles over 1.5 million transactions per second at peak and growing. Your role will be incredibly high impact and will directly affect our tens of millions of monthly users.
- Build backend services across a large distributed system
- Write unit and integration tests
- Identify and resolve performance issues
- Help define next generation standards on the backend web and service stack
- Participate in building the world's best user generated gaming platform
- 5+ years shipping high complexity code.
- Experience supporting mission-critical applications on a large scale.
- Demonstrable skill with compiled languages such as C#, Java, C++, or others.
- Experience with Microsoft SQL Server, MySql, PostgreSQL or other database technology at scale.
Nice to Haves:
- Experience with search technologies such as SOLR or Elasticsearch
- Experience with noSQL technologies such as MongoDB, DynamoDB or others
- Experience with Memcached, Redis, or other caching technologies
- Experience with a modern web application framework (Ruby on Rails, php/zend, JSP, .NET)
- Expertise in common web application security issues.
ROBLOX is a powerful technology platform that allows users of all ages to create games, play and socialize in immersive 3D worlds. Over 22 million user generated games have been produced on the ROBLOX platform with more than 28 million players coming each month to socialize, learn, and play in worlds that stretch imaginations. ROBLOX was ranked #37 in the Consumer Products and Services category for overall revenue in INC Magazine’s 2016 5000 Fastest Growing Private Companies in America.
Back to top