Senior Back End Web Engineer
ROBLOX – The Imagination Platform.
What You’ll do at ROBLOX:
Help us build the world’s best user generated gaming platform, supporting integrated desktop and mobile gameplay. We have a viral gaming directory, a massive virtual goods catalog, and an engaged social network. We also have a broad technology stack, including best-of-breed open-source components, a high-speed C# back end, SQL and NoSQL data stores, and cloud services (both Amazon and our own proprietary cloud).
- Own features from idea to live-on-site.
- Use your skills to develop across the entire stack – business tier, schema, caching.
- Tackle complex problems in usability, scalability, and distributed systems.
How You’ll Do It:
- 5+ years shipping high complexity code.
- Experience supporting mission-critical applications on a large scale.
- Demonstrable skill with compiled languages such as C#, C++, Java or Erlang, or others.
- Experience with Microsoft SQL or other database technology at scale.
- Utilizing the search technologies you love such as SOLR or Elasticsearch.
- Fire-up MongoDB, DynamoDB or other noSQL datastores.
- Push your knowledge of Memcached, Redis, or other caching technologies.
- Expertise in common web application security issues.
Perks & Benefits:
- Robust medical, dental and vision insurance
- Flexible paid vacation
- Wellness reimbursement
- Free onsite parking & other commuter benefits
- Free catered lunches & a fully stocked kitchen with unlimited snacks
ROBLOX is a powerful technology platform that allows users of all ages to create games, play and socialize in immersive 3D worlds. Over 22 million user generated games have been produced on the ROBLOX platform with more than 28 million players coming each month to socialize, learn, and play in worlds that stretch imaginations. ROBLOX was ranked #37 in the Consumer Products and Services category for overall revenue in INC Magazine’s 2016 5000 Fastest Growing Private Companies in America.
Back to top