Roblox’s platform now represents the next generation of entertainment. Roblox enables all ages to imagine, create, and play together in immersive experiences on their phones, desktops, consoles, and VR. Today, Roblox supports over 70 million active users each month and has powered over 900 million hours monthly. With millions of creators worldwide, Roblox is changing the way content is created, consumed, distributed and monetized.
Using a cloud based platform to host user-generated experiences, Roblox features physically-simulated, three-dimensional, destructible environments created by users for users. The user-generated content is hosted and published on Roblox’s platform which has enabled over 40 million games/experiences and a social network that connects 2M+ simultaneous users who are interacting in 3D immersive experiences.
The impact that you can have at Roblox is powerful. We’re looking for someone who’s eager to take on a meaningful role in the success of Roblox on a massive scale. Someone who takes play seriously, but also isn’t afraid to have some fun either. Someone who’s ready to take Roblox—and their career—to the next level.
Work with the most passionate, team-oriented, visionary, crazy-smart people you’ll ever meet.
As Senior Animator for Avatar, you will work with a team of talented artists and engineers to help produce and developing new avenues for the next wave of animations. At Roblox the Avatar team focuses on creating more immersive and higher quality avatars, building a world class editor and enabling a thriving UGC catalog of assets for the Avatar.
- A Senior Animator with a BFA or equivalent and 5+ years of experience in the game industry
- Proficient with animating within Maya using industry standards for the animation pipeline in games.
- A leader with experience in providing guidance and critiques to other animators also involved in animations
- Effective at communicating actions, emotions and important gameplay feedback in a clean animation style
- Accurate and precise with all animation projects you are involved in
- Passionate and always striving to seek out new avenues and processes for producing quality animations
- Knowledgeable of various industry standard engines (Unreal, Unity, etc) is a plus
- Help produce high quality animations for a variety of needs from internal visual targeting to use on our platform
- Investigate and develop animations through various systems, including mocap
- Provide guidance to contractors and mocap studios to produce the animations we need
- Help with developing content to vet animation systems and pipeline improvements
- Work with the rest of the avatar team to help define, identify and resolve animation issues
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage
- A rewarding 401k program
- Flexible vacation policy
- Free catered lunches five times a week and several fully stocked kitchens with unlimited snacks
- Onsite fitness center and fitness program credit
- Annual CalTrain Go Pass
- A Roblox Admin badge for your avatar
Roblox – Powering Imagination.
See Inside the Office of Roblox
ROBLOX was launched in 2006 and is striving to create the Future of Entertainment through their Imagination Platform. Powered by a growing community of over 300,000 creators, ROBLOX leverages their community to create family-friendly user-generated content for all ages. ROBLOX's single code base proprietary cloud is supported on desktop, iOS, Android, Amazon devices, and Xbox One.
Back to top