Roblox China – Director, Trust & Safety
- Shenzhen, China
Roblox China – Director, Trust & Safety
Location: Shenzhen, China
Roblox China is a joint venture between Roblox Corporation and Tencent Holdings, with its HQ in Shenzhen, China.
Roblox is a global online experience that brings people together through play by inspiring imagination, creativity, and learning. Every month, more than 120 million people explore millions of immersive digital worlds with their friends. All of these digital worlds are built by a community of over 2 million creators.
Roblox is creating a new ‘human co-experience’ category that combines gaming, entertainment, social and media. Through a strategic partnership with Tencent, one of the largest internet companies in the world, Roblox is now accelerating these efforts in China.
China is central to Roblox’s mission of bringing the world together through play and Roblox China’s Head of Product will play a central role in our success.
Here are some recent articles talking about the success of Roblox and Tencent/Roblox’s plans in China: here and here.
About the Role
As Director of Trust & Safety you’ll be responsible for creating and leading Roblox’s China Trust & Safety Moderation and Customer Service teams that will be the point of contact for our player and developer community for moderation and customer service.
The successful candidate will be hands-on in building and leading an in-country customer service and moderation organization to support our local player and game developer community. We seek a creative experienced leader who understands how to leverage corporate global practices, policies, systems and successfully adapt or create new ones for their unique consumer market. As the key leader of the Trust & Safety team, you will be responsible for collaborating with global peers and stakeholders to implement corporate policies, and ensure the safety of our community.
The Director of Trust & Safety will have some or all of the following:
- Skilled in interpersonal and communication skills, fluency in Mandarin and English
- Experienced in leading and managing cross functional teams and programs Proven ability to manage, influence and motivate
- Knowledgeable with 10+ years relevant work experience in global customer support or client services, directing an online marketplace, social network, or other relevant product with millions of users
- Experienced assessing, negotiating, implementing, and managing external vendor relationships; direct experience with different service support vendors a plus
- A Seasoned professional with a solid understanding of gaming, social trends, professional etiquette and what’s culturally acceptable as they apply to working with consumers in the People’s Republic of China, a plus
- Exceptional in organizational and analytical skills with strong process and project management abilities
- Data driven with a strong grasp of methods to track performance and productivity in meeting capacity, quality and SLAs goals
- Have a degree in Computer Science, Economics, a related business field or equivalent practical experience
- Open to traveling, as there may be a fair amount of travel required especially initially as the team is being established
- Consistently drive process improvement to meet our high standards of customer support and user safety
- Help develop a long-term strategy and roadmap for the customer support and content moderation team
- Leverage technology and training on Customer Relationship Management (CRM), collaboration, productivity tools and proprietary technology to successful execute responsibilities and job function
- Create a productive and supportive work environment where teamwork, quality and a strong work ethic is recognized and rewarded
- Discover and define the improvements, problems and solutions we should be pursuing
- Tackle creative challenges that have never been experienced and/or solved before; design and author processes and systems that will guide and enable the team to success
- Provide critical feedback and measure impact through creating key metrics, performance measurements and insights to drive improvements and communicate progress
- Proactively support the needs of Roblox players and developer communities
- Define and execute ever changing policies and procedure as it applies to customer support, content moderation and associated plans/initiatives to improve trust, safety and reduce risk
- Collaborate cross-functionally with Operations, Engineering, Marketing and Legal, to enable risk prevention, mitigation of safety incidents and improve user experience and satisfaction
Back to top