Product Manager - Player Experience
Product Manager - Player Experience, San Mateo, CA
Roblox’s Imagination Platform is ushering in the next generation of entertainment, enabling kids of all ages to imagine, create, and play together in immersive 3D worlds. Powered by a global community of millions of developers and creators, Roblox allows anyone to build, publish, and monetize any experience imaginable.
comScore ranks Roblox as one of the top online entertainment platforms for audiences under the age of 18 based on average monthly visits and time spent. In addition, Roblox has been named one of America’s Fastest-Growing Private Companies on the Inc. 5000 for the past two consecutive years.
Work with the most passionate, team-oriented, visionary, crazy-smart people you’ll ever meet.
As a Product Manager - Player Experience, you will set the objectives and drive development for a team who aims to deliver the best possible in-game elements to power awesome games. The Player Experience team will focus on gameplay, avatar control, camera, presentation and 2D UI systems that make it easier for our developers to create high quality game content These features will automatically work on every device we support, including desktops, phones, tablets, consoles and VR headsets.
- A product leader who drives the ideation, specifications, prioritization, technical development and launch of innovative product features
- Experienced and knowledgeable, with 4+ years of product management or software production experience and a Bachelor's degree at minimum; game development experience a big plus
- Design oriented, with a feel for intuitive and fun gameplay, and prior experience authoring design specs
- Comfortable developing for many devices, including a strong grasp of best practices for mobile, tablets, PC’s and consoles
- Relentless in the pursuit of quality and comfortable iterating until that high bar is reached
- Collaborative with excellent communication skills and the ability to work across teams and departments
- An agile scrum veteran who is comfortable leading teams, setting clear goals, addressing risks and removing bottlenecks
- Data driven with a strong grasp of methods to track the performance and impact of the features you are developing including A/B tests and usability testing
- A product champion and inspiration to the people around you, as you thrive in an entrepreneurial and fast paced environment with competing resources and priorities
- Consistently drive product development to meet our high standards of usability, quality, presentation and fun
- Discover and define the improvements, problems and solutions we should be pursuing
- Tackle creative challenges that have never been solved before; design and author product specs that will guide your team to victory
- Direct the team through the product backlog and author stories with clear definitions
- Manage development in a constantly evolving environment where the process is fluid and creative solutions are the norm
- Maximize efficiency in a constantly evolving environment where the process is fluid and creative solutions are the norm
- Develop and track key metrics for feature performance coupled with usability testing, gain insight from the resulting data, drive improvements over time and communicate their status
- Champion and demonstrate new features and improvements to key stakeholders and teams across the company
- Help develop the product roadmap
- Proactively support the needs of the Roblox player and developer community
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage
- A rewarding 401k program
- Flexible vacation policy
- Free catered lunches five times a week and several fully stocked kitchens with unlimited snacks
- Onsite fitness center and fitness program credit
- Annual CalTrain Go Pass
- A super-cool Roblox Admin badge for your avatar
- Rock star status with our community
Roblox – Powering Imagination.
Meet Some of Roblox's Employees
Claire works as part of the Growth Team. She seeks to increase the number of active users across Roblox’s platform, a goal which involves finding new ways to improve players’ experiences.
Back to top