Product Manager - Game Services
Roblox, Product Manager - Game Services, San Mateo, CA
The impact that you can have at Roblox is powerful. We’re looking for someone who’s eager to take on a meaningful role in the success of Roblox on a massive scale. Someone who takes play seriously, but also isn’t afraid to have some fun either. Someone who’s ready to take Roblox—and their career—to the next level.
Work with the most passionate, team-oriented, visionary, crazy-smart people you’ll ever meet.
As a Product Manager - Game Services you will work together with other Product Managers to help set product strategy and vision to define the future of game development on Roblox. As someone with a technical background and experience in cloud based services your mission is to research, validate, specify and manage the extensive backend services that the Roblox developers need to build great games.
- Product Manager with BS or MS in CS or similar with 7+ years in product management.
- Technical leader who is deeply interested in the design of cloud based services and know how to empower game development
- A gaming expert who is deeply familiar with authoring game solutions and knowledge of other authoring tools such as Unity, Unreal, etc.
- Detail oriented: Ability to see beyond the veneer of the GUI to address the product, the platform, the implementation details, and the dataset.
- Communicator: Strong written and verbal communication skills with ability to convey ideas through detailed specifications and/or wireframes.
- Dynamic: Having worked in a fast paced environment, with competing resources and priorities, through the product life cycle from planning, development, through to launch.
- Strategic orientation coupled with an entrepreneurial attitude and an ability to contribute to product design, execution, and all things go-to-market.
- A self starter: High degree of self direction and independent drive.
- Create and deliver innovative backend services that satisfy the needs of the diverse Roblox developer community & beyond.
- Help drive the strategic and tactical efforts in building the next generation game services that enables great games.
- Lead a cross-functional team of passionate people to build out features and bring them live to the platform.
- Relentless customer development to discover and define the right problems and products we should be pursuing.
- Balance and prioritize new features with existing backlog initiatives and align them with the product vision.
- Communicate needs and product concepts to other internal stakeholders, engineers, designers, and product team members.
- Be incredibly truth-seeking and collect all data necessary to inform product direction whether in the form of competitive intelligence, customer behavior, or other market metrics.
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage
- A rewarding 401k program
- Flexible vacation policy
- Free catered lunches five times a week and several fully stocked kitchens with unlimited snacks
- Onsite fitness center and fitness program credit
- Annual CalTrain Go Pass
- A super-cool Roblox Admin badge for your avatar
- Rock star status with our community
Roblox – Powering Imagination.
Meet Some of Roblox's Employees
Claire works as part of the Growth Team. She seeks to increase the number of active users across Roblox’s platform, a goal which involves finding new ways to improve players’ experiences.
Back to top