Product Manager- Community
ROBLOX – The Imagination Platform.
As a Product Manager for the Roblox Community and Moderation team, you will work with a focused team that engages with every aspect of Roblox with an emphasis on community and user safety features. Over the next year, we will be building new systems that prioritize and score incoming abuse reports, filter in-game and in-app chat text, and perform image moderation and feature blocking for specific users.
We're a data-driven company and, as a member of the Product Team, you'll be responsible for developing, running, and analyzing the results of experiments for new and existing features. You will have the unique opportunity to understand community and moderation within the user-generated gaming space, as well as gain invaluable analytical insight within a rapidly growing company.
As Community Product Manager, you will be the bridge between Engineering, Analytics, Design, and Customer Service while supporting the Roblox family brand. You will improve in-game and in-app moderation ensuring a safe and friendly environment for users of all ages.
- Work closely with the customer service and moderation teams to drive product decision and get features identified to drive the efficiency of those teams.
- Drive user facing features and internal customer service and moderation tools that help keep our community happy and safe.
- Customer development: discover and define the right customers, problems, and products we should be pursuing.
- Be incredibly truth-seeking. Collect whatever data is necessary to inform product direction, whether in the form of competitive Intel, customer behavior or other business metrics. Solicit and embrace critical feedback.
- Communicate the needs and product concepts to stakeholders, engineers, designers, and other product team members.
- Develop strategy and backlog for products ranging from community features to big data backed features.
- Identify/gather product requirements and develop user stories for backlog initiatives.
- Lead a cross-functional team of passionate people to build out features and monitor the launched products to feed learnings back into the product
- 1-2 years experience in Product Management.
- BS degree in CS and MS/MBA in a related field or equivalent experience.
- Interest or experience in building tools for an internal team
- Strong communication skills: ability to present your logic with clarity and confidence
- Thrive in a fast-pace work environment: work with new content every day, analyze data that constantly helps to refine and improve our product!
Perks & Benefits
- Work with an awesome team of smart and motivated people on cool and unique projects that are used by millions of active users every day
- Unlimited multiplayer gaming, a ROBLOX Admin badge for your avatar, and rockstar status with our community
- Unlimited paid vacation
- Gym reimbursement
- Free catered lunches & a fully stocked kitchen with unlimited snacks
- 401K match
- Robust medical, dental and vision insurance
- Free onsite parking & other commuter benefits
ROBLOX is a powerful technology platform that allows users of all ages to create games, play and socialize in immersive 3D worlds. Over 22 million user generated games have been produced on the ROBLOX platform with more than 28 million players coming each month to socialize, learn, and play in worlds that stretch imaginations. ROBLOX was ranked #37 in the Consumer Products and Services category for overall revenue in INC Magazine’s 2016 5000 Fastest Growing Private Companies in America.
Meet Some of Roblox's Employees
Director Of Engineering
Isaiah guides team workflow for ROBLOX's product development. He troubleshoots and streamlines the process, and supplies the tools and support to help team members thrive.
Back to top