Every day, tens of millions of people from around the world come to Roblox to play, learn, work, and socialize in immersive digital experiences created by the community.
Our vision is to build a platform that enables shared experiences among billions of users. This is what’s known as the metaverse: a persistent space where anyone can do just about anything they can imagine, from anywhere in the world and on any device. The breadth of opportunities, and the evolving demands of this first-of-its-kind platform, ensure that your avenues for growth are always expanding and flexible.
Join us and you’ll usher in a new category of human interaction while solving exceptional challenges that you won’t find anywhere else.
As a Principal Software Engineer for UI Editor on the Roblox game engine team, you will work on our state-of-the-art game engine and build the tools to help engineers and designers construct UI features across all of Roblox. No matter the platform, be it mobile or desktop or VR or consoles, you will help help our game developers to create engaging experiences with the Roblox community using industry-leading algorithms and technology.
- Experienced or have transferrable skills: You have worked extensively in areas like browser/layout engines, game engines or other UI framework development systems.
- Programming: 5+ years of experience with C++ and Lua.
- Familiar with UI technologies: WebKit, Blink, Gecko, Unreal, Unity, UIKit, Android UI Framework, or your own personal UI framework project!
- Customer-centric: You write systems that can be understood by developers of varying disciplines, such as engineers, game designers, and UI designers.
- Systems-level: You have a background in 3D math, pointers, templates, and know the best practices in handling raw blocks of memory, when writing systems level code.
- Resource-minded: You familiar with the challenges of working on constrained platforms like consoles or mobile devices
- Curious: You want to learn. You stay informed about the latest developments in related UI technologies. You spend your time tinkering on your own personal projects around these topics
- You will develop code that powers all UI toolchains in Roblox Studio.
- You will carry the torch for the future of UI development.
- You will develop techniques to power UI creation on the Roblox Platform for all types of suers at all levels.
- You will work with our game developer community and internal Roblox app developers to help achieve their creative UI vision.
- Have fun learning about what makes Roblox an amazing platform and place to work, while contributing to industry-leading technologies.
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage
- A rewarding 401k program
- Flexible vacation policy
- Free catered lunches and fully stocked kitchens with unlimited snacks
- Onsite fitness center and fitness program credit
- Annual CalTrain Go Pass
- A Roblox Admin badge for your avatar