Every day, tens of millions of people from around the world come to Roblox to play, learn, work, and socialize in immersive digital experiences created by the community.
Our vision is to build a platform that enables shared experiences among billions of users. This is what’s known as the metaverse: a persistent space where anyone can do just about anything they can imagine, from anywhere in the world and on any device. The breadth of opportunities, and the evolving demands of this first-of-its-kind platform, ensure that your avenues for growth are always expanding and flexible.
Join us and you’ll usher in a new category of human interaction while solving exceptional challenges that you won’t find anywhere else.
As a Principal Software Engineer - Trust & Safety you will work on a cross-discipline team building outstanding features for the Roblox platform. Roblox is a game development and distribution platform, social network, real-time communications platform, real-time bidding ads platform, e-commerce site, search engine, and cloud services provider all in one.
We are looking for engineers who are passionate about building efficient systems that operate at scale across all of these domains. Our distributed backend system of microservices handles over 1.5 million transactions per second at peak and growing. You will have a high impact and will directly affect our tens of millions of monthly users. You will report to our T&S Operations Platform Engineering Manager.
- Effective with demonstrable skills with compiled languages such as Go, Python, C#, Java, or other for the past 10+ years, with experience building API's preferably GraphQL or REST based.
- A Leader with experience supporting essential applications on a large-scale and an ambition towards more.
- Proficient in Microsoft SQL Server, MySql, PostgreSQL or other database technology at scale
- Accomplished with HTML/CSS and its cross-browser challenges
- Passionate about CSS preprocessors such as LESS or SASS and CSS libraries such as Bootstrap or Foundation
- Practiced in building responsive web pages and an interest in working within the presentation layer
- Understand search technologies such as SOLR or Elasticsearch
- Familiar with NoSQL technologies
- Worked with Memcached, Redis, or other caching technologies
- Trained with a modern web application development methodologies
- Expert in common web application security issues
- Help build middleware/backend services across a large distributed systems
- Oversee writing unit and integration tests
- Identify and resolve performance issues
- Help establish next-generation standards on the backend web and service stack
- Participate in building the world's best user generated gaming platform
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage
- A rewarding 401k program
- Flexible vacation policy
- Free catered lunches five times a week and several fully stocked kitchens with unlimited snacks
- Onsite fitness center and fitness program credit
- Annual CalTrain Go Pass
- A Roblox Admin badge for your avatar