Principal Software Engineer - Productivity Tools
- San Mateo, CA
We are on a mission to bring the world together through play. Come work with the most passionate, team-oriented, visionary, and crazy-smart people you’ll ever meet in your life. At Roblox, the Community is the heart and soul of Roblox - we have over 100 million active players engage on our platform every month playing over 57 million games built by over 2 million developers worldwide. How cool is that?
Roblox is not just a game company and not just a social network. We are building a universe that encompasses the future of connecting with each other through the democratization of the gaming world by inspiring people to play, socialize, create, and engage - across all devices.
What that means is that the impact that you can have at Roblox is powerful and long-lasting.
Come join the Roblox team where play rules and the possibilities are endless - literally.
Roblox as a product and a company is growing fast. We've more than doubled our engineering team over the past 2 years, and are looking to double again.
Our tremendous growth makes scaling the tools and processes supporting our fast-moving culture vital to Roblox's success. You'll be working behind the scenes on the front-line to make sure everything works for your amazing teammates.
- A fluent programmer in at least one common language (C#, Python, Java, Go, etc).
- Humble and empathetic.
- Maddened by inefficiency and averse to toil.
- Build highly reliable, resilient systems that are well documented and easy to support
- Make the tools that make Roblox engineering tick
- Work across the organization, collaboratively, to meet complex developer needs.
- Streamline and simplify the flow of code from engineer's fingertips to production deploy.
- Foster an audacious, trust-based, constantly improving engineering culture.
- Be part of a fun, supportive, and ambitious team
- Built, shipped, monitored, and supported a tool or system used by other engineers at scale.
- Produced concise documentation, tutorials, or examples that helped other engineering teammates.
- Researched, proposed, and implemented a new technology or process with measurable positive impact.
- Set up and administered common 3rd party and open source development tools
- Jenkins, TeamCity, GitHub, Perforce, Azure Devops, Artifactory, Nexus, NPM, Nuget, JIRA, Confluence, Grafana, Kibana
- Experience working with common cloud technologies
- Hashistack (Nomad, Terraform, Vault, etc), Kubernetes, Docker, AWS, Azure
- Designed and optimized a toolchain other developers use to ship code
You Will Love:
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage
- A rewarding 401k program
- Flexible vacation policy
- Free catered lunches five times a week and several fully stocked kitchens with unlimited snacks
- Onsite fitness center and fitness program credit
- Annual CalTrain Go Pass
- A Roblox Admin badge for your avatar
Back to top