Principal Software Engineer - Cloud Platform
- San Mateo, CA
Every day, tens of millions of people from around the world come to Roblox to play, learn, work, and socialize in immersive digital experiences created by the community.
Our vision is to build a platform that enables shared experiences among billions of users. This is what’s known as the metaverse: a persistent space where anyone can do just about anything they can imagine, from anywhere in the world and on any device. The breadth of opportunities, and the evolving demands of this first-of-its-kind platform, ensure that your avenues for growth are always expanding and flexible.
Join us and you’ll usher in a new category of human interaction while solving exceptional challenges that you won’t find anywhere else.
Work with the most passionate people you'll ever meet. The engineers at Roblox are working on the hardest problems in tech today -- distributed systems, real-time communication, 3D co-experience, massive data processing, social networking, rendering, physics, and more. As a Roblox engineer, you will have real ownership and impact across one or more of these domains.
Roblox is all in on going global, and as a member of the Platform Framework Team, you have the unique chance to help build the core technologies that will be the foundation of the next generation of a public 'Infrastructure-as-a-service' platform called Roblox Cloud Services.
This is much more than just a typical engineering position. This is an opportunity for you to challenge your engineering talents by building something new and important, sharing expertise, adopting innovations contributed by other engineering teams, and defining standards and promoting them across internal teams and the broader Roblox developer community.
You will join a formidable team that owns multiple widely used core technologies, including our Microservices framework, code generation, code analysis tools and more.
- 6+ Years industry experience
- Used CI/CD tools to ship products
- Understand differences and values between unit testing, component testing, integration testing
- Shipped code that processes tens of thousands of requests per second
- Deployed products as containers (Docker) and used docker-compose tool
- Deployed products in some cloud orchestration tool (kubernetes, nomad, ...)
- Built your personal tools that help you automate things in your life or work
- Able to discuss trade-offs between micro-services and monoliths
- Produced documentation, tutorials or examples that were consumed by engineers
- Build and optimized tool-chain that other developers use to ship code
- Research and implement new technologies
- Work across the organization to meet the complex developer needs
- Create outstanding training content on best practices in software production
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage
- A rewarding 401k program
- Flexible vacation policy
- Free catered lunches five times a week and several fully stocked kitchens with unlimited snacks
- Onsite fitness center and fitness program credit
- Annual CalTrain Go Pass
- A Roblox Admin badge for your avatar
Back to top