Principal Software Engineer, Avatar Motion - C++
- San Mateo, CA
Every day, tens of millions of people from around the world come to Roblox to play, learn, work, and socialize in immersive digital experiences created by the community.
Our vision is to build a platform that enables shared experiences among billions of users. This is what’s known as the metaverse: a persistent space where anyone can do just about anything they can imagine, from anywhere in the world and on any device. The breadth of opportunities, and the evolving demands of this first-of-its-kind platform, ensure that your avenues for growth are always expanding and flexible.
Join us and you’ll usher in a new category of human interaction while solving exceptional challenges that you won’t find anywhere else.
Principal Engineer, Avatar Motion
- You've worked on deep and challenging problems in complex C++ codebases.
- You are a 3D developer. You are comfortable with 3D data models, 3D formats and game engine / Digital Content Creation tools design patterns.
- You are comfortable with pointers, templates, threads, locks, message queues, rand aw blocks of memory
- You can jump with ease between Windows, OS X, Linux, Android, iOS, and other platforms.
- You build systems that work and keep on working reliably.
- You want to learn, and stay up-to-date on technology developments
- Ready for a challenge: your work will affect large components of the Roblox engine and have a large impact in our developer and users communities.
- Join the avatar team and the broader game engine team.
- Work on multiple aspects of our animation system making it more flexible while preserving its performance and ease of use.
- Code: develop, review, architect, and refactor.
- Implement algorithms and solutions to address our developers needs.
- Determine how animations are encoded and shared across our components (server, client, editor, physics and rendering).
- Design user-facing APIs, work out migration plans.
- Focus on workflows with the ultimate goal of democratizing 3D character animation on our platform.
- Stay up-to-date with the state-of-the-art on game animation and avatar technologies.
- Apply the latest technologies to our system when appropriate.
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage
- A rewarding 401k program
- Flexible vacation policy
- Free catered lunches five times a week and several fully stocked kitchens with unlimited snacks
- Onsite fitness center and fitness program credit
- Annual CalTrain Go Pass
- A Roblox Admin badge for your avatar
Back to top