Principal Software Engineer
- San Mateo, CA
Roblox’s mission is to bring the world together through play. Every month, more than 115 million people around the world have fun with friends as they explore millions of immersive digital experiences. We believe in building a safe, civil, and diverse community—one that inspires and fosters creativity and positive relationships between people around the world.
We are committed to building the next generation of entertainment—allowing people to imagine, create, and play together in an endless array of user-generated worlds. All of these experiences are built by the Roblox community, made up of over two million creators.
We’re looking for someone who’s eager to take on a meaningful role and contribute to the meteoric success of Roblox. We want team members who believe in the power of play and take it seriously, but aren’t afraid to have fun while they’re doing it. Are you ready to take Roblox – and your career – to the next level?
As a Software Engineer, you will be crafting the foremost experience that millions of players engage with daily. You will enhance the way people discover games and play with friends. You will be writing code with an application-first mindset, and be empowered to create cutting-edge systems that solidify Roblox as the paragon of game creation destinations. If you are an expert at developing cutting edge user interfaces, have a passion for creating inspiring code, and are obsessed with presenting beautiful experiences you will be right at home within our highly-skilled and rapidly growing Apps Team.
- Experienced: You have 6-10 years of experience working on large scale consumer applications and hold a BS in Computer Science or above.
- Fascinated by UX: You love to build delightful user experiences for millions of users.
- Curious: You are excited to work on a new UI platform inspired by React and powered the Roblox game engine. Learning new languages and technologies is exciting to you...
- Analytical: You love to understand how your users interact with your interface and use the findings to maximize their impact.
- Test-driven: TDD is exciting to you, not scary...
- Adaptable: You are able to shift focus and enjoy working outside your comfort zone
- Team-player: You work with and inspire others around you, taking on tasks for the greater team
- Build and ship best-in-class features used by hundred of millions of users
- Work closely with Product and Design to ensure the product embodies the shared vision
- Use best programming practices, optimizing code to be performant
- Write and maintain unit and integration test
- Self-organize and take ownership of projects throughout its full lifecycle
- Collaborate with numerous internal teams to build the world’s best applications
- Excellent benefits
- A rewarding 401k program
- Flexible vacation policy
- Free catered lunches five times a week and several fully-stocked kitchens with unlimited snacks
- Onsite fitness center and fitness program credit
- Annual CalTrain Go Pass
- A Roblox Admin badge for your avatar
Back to top