Principal C++ Engineer
The impact that you can have at Roblox is powerful. We’re looking for someone who’s eager to take on a meaningful role in the success of Roblox on a massive scale. Someone who takes play seriously, but also isn’t afraid to have some fun either. Someone who’s ready to take Roblox—and their career—to the next level.
As a Principal Software Engineer for the Cloud Game Development Team, you will utilize your deep experience in software architecture, design patterns and best coding practices to accelerate the evolution of Roblox Studio, a cloud-based, distributed game development application. Roblox Studio breaks new ground for the gaming industry and software engineering in general. It facilitates instant synchronization between game developers, enables multi-party script editing, and manages a cloud-based repository.
- A Leader with experience supporting mission-critical applications on a large scale
- A Technology Expert, with a proven record of developing and deploying complex software for massive cloud-based systems.
- Experienced, with a development track record at multiple companies. 10+ years in a technology leader roles, and a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, or a similar technical field
- Hands-on with C++ and Boost libraries, multithreading and networking. Experience with QT/QML, MFC or other UI frameworks for desktop applications is a plus
- Proficient with industry standards, best practices and design patterns
- Focused on writing clear, readable, testable, modular, and monitored code
- Passionate about working on large scale, consumer facing desktop application
- Collaborative with excellent communication skills and follow-through
- Organized and analytical with the ability to track numerous separate threads to their appropriate resolution
- Own and deliver complex technical projects from the planning stage through execution
- Work cross functionally, across teams and technology platforms
- Mentor team members helping them improve their professional skills and expertise
- Design, develop, and implement technological practices, patterns, and strategies
- Create unit and integration tests
- Participate in building the world's best professional application for massively multiplayer game development
Roblox – Powering Imagination.
Back to top