Mobile Engineer (IOS/Android)
- Shenzhen, China
Roblox China is a joint venture between Roblox Corporation and Tencent Holdings, with its HQ in Shenzhen, China.
Roblox, a global online experience brings people around the world together by inspiring imagination, creativity, and learning through shared online experiences. Every month, more than 100 million people around the world have fun with friends as they explore millions of immersive digital worlds. All of these digital worlds are built by the Roblox community, made up of over 2 million creators.
Roblox has pursued a vision of creating a new ‘human co-experience’ category that combines gaming, entertainment, social and media. Players share experiences, socialize, create and learn.
The strategic partnership with Tencent, one of the largest internet companies in the world, will accelerate these efforts in China.
Tech Crunch recently published a 3-part profile on Roblox, reposted here:
- How Roblox Grew into a $2.5B Company
- Digging into the Roblox Growth Strategy
- 3 Lessons from Roblox’s Growth
Roblox’s CEO gave a talk at a recent Roblox Developer Conference that sets out what to expect from Roblox in the next few years.
China is a truly strategic market for Roblox and very important to accomplishing the mission of bringing the world together through play.
The Mobile Engineer you will be crafting the foremost experience that millions of players engage with daily. You will enhance the way people discover games and play with friends.
The JV has recently been established and is in a start-up mode now. You will be writing code with an application-first mindset, and be empowered to create cutting-edge systems that solidify Roblox as the paragon of game creation destinations.
- Experienced, with a development track record and 5+ years shipping high complexity code
- Strong track record of shipping iOS code changes to the App Store.
- Very competent in C++ and are familiar
- Plus if you can work in Android.
- You will have a deep passion for writing unit tests and love working with a Test Driven Development mindset
- Experience with REST APIs and understand the complexities of networked code
- You work well with other team members, and are able to take on responsibilities for the greater team
- Create best-in-class user-facing applications using Objective C
- Contribute to the mobile applications (both UI and frameworks)
- Work closely with Product and Designers to ensure that the product embodies the shared vision
- Integrate with Embedded QA to ensure that bugs are caught early and fixed quickly
Back to top