ROBLOX – The Imagination Platform
ROBLOX is hiring several Game Engine Interns to be a part of the ROBLOX Client Team. You will be matched with and mentored by a senior software engineer from our knowledgeable and veteran engineering staff. Candidates will get to work on a product with a rapid release cycle (weekly releases) and help us continue to build our ultimate Imagination Platform. ROBLOX is looking for a candidate that is an intelligent and creative individual who has a strong desire to learn new languages and be on the cutting-edge of game technologies.
Interns will be expected to work as a member of the client team by quickly responding to our development community to address issues and implement new features to our platform. The client team prefers to hire generalists - this position will involve interaction with gameplay, user interface, physics, sound, and scripting in Lua.
- Create API's for a user-generated virtual world using Lua
- Become familiar with best practices for security systems to keep ROBLOX games safe
- Build innovative features and frameworks to facilitate new kinds of game play
- Develop and maintain User interface elements that are seen by millions of users
- Exposure to cross platform technologies (PC, MAC, iOS, Android, Xbox, Virtual Reality)
- Working towards a BS or MS in Computer Science or similar
- Strong understanding of data structures and algorithms
- Experience with C++
- Familiarity with Lua, QT, Java, or Objective-C, a plus
- Extensive understanding of MMO game design principles
- History of academic and/or professional excellence and passion for game development
- Game demos and/or portfolio a plus
Roblox is the largest social platform for play that allows kids to imagine, create, and play together in immersive 3D worlds. Over 22 million user-generated online games have been produced on the Roblox platform with over 40 million players visiting Roblox every month to create adventures, play games, roleplay, and learn with friends in a family-friendly environment. Roblox is accessible on all modern smartphones, tablets, desktops, Xbox One, Oculus Rift, and other popular VR platforms. Roblox was ranked #37 in the Consumer Products and Services category for overall revenue in Inc. Magazine’s 2016 5000 Fastest Growing Private Companies in America.
Roblox – Powering Imagination.
Meet Some of Roblox's Employees
Director Of Engineering
Isaiah guides team workflow for ROBLOX's product development. He troubleshoots and streamlines the process, and supplies the tools and support to help team members thrive.
Back to top