Roblox, Information Security Engineer, San Mateo, CA
Roblox’s imagination platform is ushering in the next generation of entertainment. Roblox enables kids of all ages to imagine, create, and play together in immersive experiences on their phones, desktops, consoles, and VR. Powered by a growing global community of millions of creators, Roblox enables anyone to build, publish, and monetize their creations.
ComScore ranks Roblox as one of the top digital properties in the US for kids under the age of 18 and has been named One of America's Fastest-Growing Private Companies in the Inc. 5000 for two consecutive years.
Work with the most passionate, team-oriented, visionary, and crazy-smart people you’ll ever meet.
We are a small team focused on Security with a variety of responsibilities involved in user facing applications, backend systems, penetration testing, security assessments, security consulting, risk mitigation, along with response. We are looking to grow our Security team.
The ideal candidate will have a mix of engineering and security experience within the following realms:
- Anti-abuse analytics, tactics, and technologies.
- Building monitoring, detection, and alerting systems.
- Application security.
- Creating and operating security tooling and scripting.
- Identifying vulnerabilities and breaking into systems.
- Reverse engineering
- IDA Pro
- Exploiting and developing shellcode
- Game hacks: Memory injection
- Linux, OSX or Windows systems security
- Network security.
- Security architecture and practical risk analysis.
- BA/BS degree in a relevant engineering field or equivalent practical experience
- Self-organized and comfortable working in a fast-paced environment.
- Extensive experience within working within the Security realm.
- Experience supporting security best practices within a large scale Internet environment.
- Familiarity with network and server hardware.
- Familiarity with various operating systems.
- Experience with a variety of programming languages.
Nice To Have
- Experience with *nix systems and shells, daemons, and processes.
- Experience with containers (Docker, Windows Server), and specifically container security.
- Experience with AWS security (IAM, EC2, VPC, S3, etc..)
- Knowledge of cryptography, PKI, TLS as well as practical implementation of the same.
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage
- A rewarding 401k program
- Flexible vacation policy
- Free catered lunches five times a week and several fully stocked kitchens with unlimited snacks
- Onsite fitness center and fitness program credit
- Annual CalTrain Go Pass
- A super-cool Roblox Admin badge for your avatar
- Rock star status with our community
Roblox – Powering Imagination.
Meet Some of Roblox's Employees
Claire works as part of the Growth Team. She seeks to increase the number of active users across Roblox’s platform, a goal which involves finding new ways to improve players’ experiences.
Back to top