Head of People Analytics
- San Mateo, CA
Work with the most passionate, team-oriented, visionary, and crazy-smart people you’ll ever meet in your life. Community is the heart and soul of Roblox. Over 64 million active players engage on our platform every month. Roblox is not just a game company and not just a social network. We are building the future of play and ever-expanding the universe where anything is possible.
We are democratizing the gaming world by inspiring people to play, socialize, create, and engage on one platform - across all devices - doing what they love. The impact that you can have at Roblox is boundless! Join the Roblox team where play rules and the possibilities are endless - literally.
The People Team at Roblox focuses on creating a sustained competitive advantage by evolving what we do in the people space (culture, leadership practices, organization, programs, etc.) into a thoughtful, integrated, low-friction “people operating system”. We want to inspire people at Roblox to confidently take on challenging problems and allow them to push the envelope while providing what is needed to accelerate their development.
We take a strong quantitative and analytical approach to building and optimizing this operating system. The Head of People Analytics will play a key role in making that vision a reality by building out a people analytics team into a forward-looking practice that supports Roblox’s unique approach to leadership, people development, and organizational design. This is about generating insights and solutions that will help Roblox scale effectively while retaining its strong culture, its innovativeness and its ability to flexibly refocus and execute fast.
- Develop and communicate a vision and strategy for People Analytics at Roblox, prioritize our focus areas for people analytics and ultimately the whole people team.
- Hire a team of great people and shape them into an innovative, highly productive team that focused on insights and results and eager to take on challenging problems.
- Work closely with leaders across the company to understand and conceptualize their specific business and organizational situation to effectively support them with insights and recommendations in the people space.
- Evaluate, decide and implement our stack of tools, architect our analytics platform in the context of our core production systems (like Workday and Greenhouse).
- This role reports to the VP Head of People and will be part of the people leadership team.
- Someone with 3 years of leadership experience in the field of people analytics, 5 years of practical hands-on analytics experience.
- Proven with a demonstrated record of successfully building, leading and engaging a diverse team.
- Extremely strong analytical and quantitative skills. Advanced statistic background (linear regression is just the beginning)
- Experienced with leading analytical projects with both structured and unstructured data end-to-end, from problem statement/hypothesis formulation to presentation for insights, to “instrumentation”/evaluation of resulting decisions/initiatives.
- Experienced in building, evolving and applying complex models for planning, prediction and decision support.
- Comprehensive understanding of database theory and DBMS, speak SQL fluently.
- Hands-on and experienced with different tools in the stack, e.g. ETL, visualization, data mining, etc. both in terms of using them to solve concrete problems as well as optimizing and architecting overarching solutions.
- Experienced working with AI libraries.
- A strong analytical problem solver. If you like to conceptualize problem spaces as systems and are “model thinker” that’ll be an advantage.
- Able to communicate and influence stakeholders across the company at all levels including senior leadership.
- Excellent at understanding financial concepts and analysis and have effectively collaborated with Finance teams.
- Able to credibly consult (listen, understand, influence) with people at all levels in a quantitative environment.
- Able to create interest and excitement across the people team for working analytically, quantitatively and applying model and systematic thinking.
- Working on unique projects that are seen - and enjoyed - by millions of active Roblox users every day
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage
- A rewarding 401k program
- Flexible vacation policy
- Free catered lunches five times a week and several fully stocked kitchens with unlimited snacks
- Onsite fitness center and fitness program credit
- Annual CalTrain Go Pass
Roblox is the largest social platform for play that allows kids to imagine, create, and play together in immersive 3D worlds. Over 29 million user-generated online games have been produced on the Roblox platform with over 64 million monthly active players visiting Roblox every month to create adventures, play games, role-play, and learn with friends in a family-friendly environment. Roblox is accessible on all modern smartphones, tablets, desktops, Xbox One, Oculus Rift, and other popular VR platforms. In 2019, Roblox was named to the Inc. 5000 list of Fastest-Growing Private Companies in America for the second consecutive year.
Roblox – Powering Imagination.
Back to top