ROBLOX – The Imagination Platform
Work on the core of a platform used by tens of millions of people each month where changes are deployed each week. Extend the functionality and power of the ROBLOX platform by improving camera and controls, gameplayfeatures, developer API’s, UI systems, and more.
- Design and implement scripting API’s to extend ROBLOX developer functionality
- Improve the new avatar geometry, animation and control systems
- Work with artists to improve asset tool chain
- Design and implement new UI layout and control systems that perform well across all the platforms and devices upon which ROBLOX runs
- Help prototype new experimental systems to push our vision forward
- Strong C++ skill set (exposure to Boost or QT a plus)
- A strong desire to learn the ROBLOX platform and build new features to improve the quality of our product
- Self-sufficient, self-organized, and able to take ownership of a project throughout its full life cycle
- Ability to work independently as well as collaboratively with a team
Nice to Have:
- Game play development experience or equivalent
- Previous experience designing and coding a game engine from scratch
- Mobile game development experience
- Client-server networking experience
- Lua scripting experience
- UI design
- Character movement or camera systems experience
- Multithreading expertise
- 3-D math and programming experience
Perks & Benefits:
- Robust medical, dental and vision insurance
- Flexible time-off
- Wellness reimbursement
- Free onsite parking & other commuter benefits
- Free catered lunches & a fully stocked kitchen with unlimited snacks!
- Chance to work with a top-notch team on cool and unique projects!
ROBLOX is a powerful technology platform that allows users of all ages to create games, play and socialize in immersive 3D worlds. Over 22 million user generated games have been produced on the ROBLOX platform with more than 28 million players coming each month to socialize, learn, and play in worlds that stretch imaginations. ROBLOX was ranked #37 in the Consumer Products and Services category for overall revenue in INC Magazine’s 2016 5000 Fastest Growing Private Companies in America.
Back to top