Game Engineer (3D, C++)
Roblox is ushering in the next generation of entertainment, allowing people to imagine, create, and play together in immersive, user-generated worlds. We’re the one and only fastest-growing entertainment platform that lets anyone teach themselves how to code, publish, and monetize any experience imaginable—across any device—reaching millions of players across the globe.
The impact that you can have at Roblox is powerful. We’re looking for someone who’s eager to take on a meaningful role in the success of Roblox on a massive scale. Someone who takes play seriously, but also isn’t afraid to have some fun either. Someone who’s ready to take Roblox—and their career—to the next level.
In 2018, we were honored to be recognized as a Certified Great Place to Work®. We’ve fostered a company culture that empowers people to do the most defining work of their career in an environment that’s made up of the most passionate, team-oriented, visionary, crazy-smart people you’ll ever meet. Join the Roblox team where play rules and the possibilities are endless.
Work with the most passionate, team-oriented, visionary, crazy-smart people you’ll ever meet. The engineers at Roblox are working on the hardest problems in tech today -- distributed systems, real time communication, 3D co-experience, massive data processing, social networking, rendering, physics, and more. As a Roblox engineer, you will have real ownership and impact across one or more of these domains.
As a Game Engineer you will leverage the Roblox game engine to build innovative applications and experiences for our Players and our Developers. We are looking for engineers passionate about building world class user experiences from both usability and performance perspectives. Your role will be incredibly high impact and will directly affect our tens of millions of monthly users. You need to be proficient in C++, data structures, algorithms, and networking. You may need to work on character hierarchies or animations, so brush up on your 3D math. Experience with Lua is desired but not required, as is experience in game development. Experience with mobile and/or console gameplay development is especially interesting. We are an Agile team, so make sure you are comfortable with the core concepts of Scrum and/or Kanban project process.
- Experienced. You have 3+ years of professional experience working on a consumer-facing application
- Proficient in C++
- Proficient in 3D Math
- Self-sufficient, self-organized, and able to take ownership of a project throughout its full lifecycle
Nice to Have:
- Experience building online mobile and/or console game titles
- Shipped a high quality mobile application (iOS, Android)
- Experience with Lua
- Experience building games with Roblox Studio
- Experience with Rigid-body Physics, Pathfinding or Animation Systems
- Use the Roblox game engine to build world-class vertical applications for multiple platforms (mobile, tablet, PC, console and VR)
- Implement character avatar features and functionality
- Maintain and improve existing codebase
- Write and maintain automated tests
- Analyze bug and crash reports, fix problems, and optimize performance
- Collaborate with numerous internal teams to help build the world’s best user generated gaming platform
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage
- A rewarding 401k program
- Flexible vacation policy
- Free catered lunches five times a week and several fully stocked kitchens with unlimited snacks
- Onsite fitness center and fitness program credit
- Annual CalTrain Go Pass
- A Roblox Admin badge for your avatar
Roblox – Powering Imagination
See Inside the Office of Roblox
ROBLOX was launched in 2006 and is striving to create the Future of Entertainment through their Imagination Platform. Powered by a growing community of over 300,000 creators, ROBLOX leverages their community to create family-friendly user-generated content for all ages. ROBLOX's single code base proprietary cloud is supported on desktop, iOS, Android, Amazon devices, and Xbox One.
Back to top