Full Stack Web Engineer - Search
ROBLOX – The Imagination Platform
Help us build the world’s best user generated gaming platform, supporting integrated desktop and mobile gameplay. We have a viral gaming directory, a massive virtual goods catalog, and an engaged social network.
The Roblox Search Team is looking for an outstanding engineer to help build the next-generation of search features that support millions of transactions. Candidates must be willing to take on challenging projects in the fields of search relevancy, ranking, indexing, and architecture.
- Apply knowledge data mining and natural language processing algorithms for development of key Roblox Search features
- Develop core technologies required for search that can be scaled for various languages
- Develop processes and metrics to help build high quality search pipeline
- Bring creative ideas for Roblox products/services and leverage the power of large amount of data to solve complex problems
- Design, develop and deploy software solutions that impacts millions of Roblox customers
- Demonstrated broad understanding of search domain encompassing data, algorithms, and user experience
- Knowledge of Open Source search projects Lucene and Elasticsearch
- Ability to provide highly complex analytical solutions within established timelines is essential
- Experience architecting, implementing and supporting large scale enterprise search platforms
Nice to Have:
- Knowledge of or experience with Machine Learning, and Information Retrieval is a definite plus
Perks & Benefits:
- Work with an awesome team of smart and motivated people on cool and unique projects that are used by millions of active users every day
- ROBLOX Admin badge for your avatar, and rockstar status with our community
- Unlimited paid vacation
- Gym reimbursement
- Free catered lunches & a fully stocked kitchen with unlimited snacks
- Robust medical, dental and vision insurance
- Free onsite parking & other commuter benefits
Roblox is the largest social platform for play that allows kids to imagine, create, and play together in immersive 3D worlds. Over 22 million user-generated online games have been produced on the Roblox platform with over 40 million players visiting Roblox every month to create adventures, play games, roleplay, and learn with friends in a family-friendly environment. Roblox is accessible on all modern smartphones, tablets, desktops, Xbox One, Oculus Rift, and other popular VR platforms. Roblox was ranked #37 in the Consumer Products and Services category for overall revenue in Inc. Magazine’s 2016 5000 Fastest Growing Private Companies in America.
Roblox – Powering Imagination.
Meet Some of Roblox's Employees
Director Of Engineering
Isaiah guides team workflow for ROBLOX's product development. He troubleshoots and streamlines the process, and supplies the tools and support to help team members thrive.
Back to top