Full Stack Web Engineer
ROBLOX – The Imagination Platform
As a Senior Full Stack Web Engineer, you will work on a cross-discipline team building world class features for the ROBLOX platform. ROBLOX is a game development and distribution platform, social network, real time communications platform, real time bidding ads platform, ecommerce site, search engine, and cloud services provider all in one.
We are looking for engineers who are passionate about building efficient systems that operate at scale across all of these domains. Our distributed backend system of microservices handles over 1.5 million transactions per second at peak and growing. Your role will be incredibly high impact and will directly affect our tens of millions of monthly users.
- Build backend services across a large distributed system
- Write unit and integration tests
- Identify and resolve performance issues
- Help define next generation standards on the backend web and service stack
- Participate in building the world's best user generated gaming platform
- 5+ years shipping high complexity code
- Experience supporting mission-critical applications on a large scale
- Demonstrable skill with compiled languages such as C#, Java, C++, or others
- Experience with Microsoft SQL Server, MySql, PostgreSQL or other database technology at scale
- Complete knowledge of HTML/CSS and its cross-browser challenges
- Experience with CSS preprocessors such as LESS or SASS and CSS libraries such as Bootstrap or Foundation
Nice to Have:
- Experience building responsive web pages and an interest in working within the presentation layer
- Experience with search technologies such as SOLR or Elasticsearch
- Experience with noSQL technologies such as MongoDB, DynamoDB or others
- Experience with Memcached, Redis, or other caching technologies
- Experience with a modern web application framework (Ruby on Rails, php/zend, JSP, .NET)
- Expertise in common web application security issues
Perks & Benefits:
- Work with an awesome team of smart and motivated people on cool and unique projects that are used by millions of active users every day
- ROBLOX Admin badge for your avatar, and rockstar status with our community
- Unlimited paid vacation
- Gym reimbursement
- Free catered lunches & a fully stocked kitchen with unlimited snacks
- Robust medical, dental and vision insurance
- Free onsite parking & other commuter benefits
Roblox is the largest social platform for play that allows kids to imagine, create, and play together in immersive 3D worlds. Over 22 million user-generated online games have been produced on the Roblox platform with over 40 million players visiting Roblox every month to create adventures, play games, roleplay, and learn with friends in a family-friendly environment. Roblox is accessible on all modern smartphones, tablets, desktops, Xbox One, Oculus Rift, and other popular VR platforms. Roblox was ranked #37 in the Consumer Products and Services category for overall revenue in Inc. Magazine’s 2016 5000 Fastest Growing Private Companies in America.
Roblox – Powering Imagination.
Meet Some of Roblox's Employees
Director Of Engineering
Isaiah guides team workflow for ROBLOX's product development. He troubleshoots and streamlines the process, and supplies the tools and support to help team members thrive.
Back to top