Front End Web Engineer
ROBLOX – The Imagination Platform
As a front end web specialist you will work on a cross-discipline team building world class user interfaces for new and existing features. ROBLOX is a game development and distribution platform, social network, real time communications platform, real time bidding ads platform, ecommerce site, search engine, and cloud services provider all in one. Your work will touch websites, mobile apps, and standalone desktop applications. We are looking for engineers passionate about building world class user experiences from both UI/UX and performance perspectives. Your role will be incredibly high impact and will directly affect our tens of millions of monthly users.
- Write unit and integration tests
- Identify and resolve performance issues
- Help define next generation standards on the front-end web stack
- Participate in building the world's best user generated gaming platform
- BS or MS in Computer Science or related technical discipline
- 5+ years experience
- Complete knowledge of HTML/CSS and its cross-browser challenges
- Interest in working on presentation layers and layouts
- Experience with CSS preprocessors such as LESS or SASS and CSS libraries such as Bootstrap or Foundation
- Experience building responsive web pages and an interest in working within the presentation layer
- Experience with a modern web application framework (Ruby on Rails, php/zend, JSP, .NET)
Perks & Benefits:
- Work with an awesome team of smart and motivated people on cool and unique projects that are used by millions of active users every day
- ROBLOX Admin badge for your avatar, and rockstar status with our community
- Unlimited paid vacation
- Gym reimbursement
- Free catered lunches & a fully stocked kitchen with unlimited snacks
- Robust medical, dental and vision insurance
- Free onsite parking & other commuter benefits
Roblox is the largest social platform for play that allows kids to imagine, create, and play together in immersive 3D worlds. Over 22 million user-generated online games have been produced on the Roblox platform with over 40 million players visiting Roblox every month to create adventures, play games, roleplay, and learn with friends in a family-friendly environment. Roblox is accessible on all modern smartphones, tablets, desktops, Xbox One, Oculus Rift, and other popular VR platforms. Roblox was ranked #37 in the Consumer Products and Services category for overall revenue in Inc. Magazine’s 2016 5000 Fastest Growing Private Companies in America.
Roblox – Powering Imagination.
Meet Some of Roblox's Employees
Director Of Engineering
Isaiah guides team workflow for ROBLOX's product development. He troubleshoots and streamlines the process, and supplies the tools and support to help team members thrive.
Back to top