Engineering Manager - Studio Plugin IDE
Roblox, Engineering Manager - Studio Plugin IDE, San Mateo, CA
Roblox’s Imagination Platform is ushering in the next generation of entertainment, enabling kids of all ages to imagine, create, and play together in immersive 3D worlds. Powered by a global community of millions of developers and creators, Roblox allows anyone to build, publish, and monetize any experience imaginable.
comScore ranks Roblox as one of the top online entertainment platforms for audiences under the age of 18 based on average monthly visits and time spent. In addition, Roblox has been named one of America’s Fastest-Growing Private Companies on the Inc. 5000 for the past two consecutive years.
Work with the most passionate, team-oriented, visionary, crazy-smart people you’ll ever meet. The engineers at Roblox are working on the hardest problems in tech today -- distributed systems, real-time communication, 3D co-experience, massive data processing, social networking, rendering, physics, and more. As a Roblox engineer, you will have real ownership and impact across one or more of these domains.
As an Engineering Manager for the Cloud Game Development Team, you will utilize your deep experience in software architecture, design patterns and best coding practices to accelerate the evolution of Roblox Studio, a cloud-based, distributed game development application. Roblox Studio breaks new ground for the gaming industry and software engineering in general. It facilitates instant synchronization between game developers, enables multi-party script editing, and manages a cloud-based repository.
- A Leader with experience supporting mission-critical applications on a large scale
- A Technology Expert, with a proven record of developing and deploying complex software for massive cloud-based systems.
- Experienced, with a development track record at multiple companies. 10+ years in a technology leader roles, and a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, or a similar technical field
- Hands-on with C++ and Boost libraries, multithreading and networking, any of QT/QML, MFC or other UI frameworks for desktop applications
- Proficient with industry standards, best practices and design patterns
- Focused on writing clear, readable, testable, modular, and monitored code
- Passionate about working on large scale, consumer facing desktop application
- Collaborative with excellent communication skills and follow-through
- Organized and analytical with the ability to track numerous separate threads to their appropriate resolution
- Own and deliver complex technical projects from the planning stage through execution
- Work cross functionally, across teams and technology platforms
- Mentor team members helping them improve their professional skills and expertise
- Design, develop, and implement technological practices, patterns, and strategies
- Create unit and integration tests
- Participate in building the world's best professional application for massively multiplayer game development
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage
- A rewarding 401k program
- Flexible vacation policy
- Free catered lunches five times a week and several fully stocked kitchens with unlimited snacks
- Onsite fitness center and fitness program credit
- Annual CalTrain Go Pass
- A super-cool Roblox Admin badge for your avatar
- Rockstar status with our community
Roblox – Powering Imagination.
Back to top